FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
877 - Long - Inc | 877.566.4462

Thread: 200EX gas issue

200EX gas issue

I have a 200EX that was never used and still had the plastic on the controls cover. I hooked up the welder recently, hit the gas test button, and the gas flows as it should. When I start welding the gas does not flow and the needle on the regulator starts climbing until pegged. I have tried with both the foot pedal and torch controls.

Any ideas what could be causing the issue?

I was told to reset the welder by pressing and holding the knob down for 15 seconds, but the knob does not and will not act like a button to be held down. Any other suggestions on how to reset it?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by jeepmanjon28 View Post
    I have a 200EX that was never used and still had the plastic on the controls cover. I hooked up the welder recently, hit the gas test button, and the gas flows as it should. When I start welding the gas does not flow and the needle on the regulator starts climbing until pegged. I have tried with both the foot pedal and torch controls.

Any ideas what could be causing the issue?

I was told to reset the welder by pressing and holding the knob down for 15 seconds, but the knob does not and will not act like a button to be held down. Any other suggestions on how to reset it?

Thanks in advance
    Hi Jon

It is possible one of the boards went out or possible issues with your regulator. With that said, it is hard to determine the actual cause without looking at the machine. Please email tech@lwelds.com for more support so they can check your purchase information, warranty, and also with the factory.
    Longevity Welding
    Toll-Free Support: 1-510-887-7090 / 1-877-566-4462
    Business Hours: Monday-Friday 8AM to 4PM