FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
877 - Long - Inc | 877.566.4462

Thread: Hello All Plasma Head Here

Hello All Plasma Head Here

New to this kind of stuff. I'm hoping I can find my way around enough to hook up with folks with similar interests. I'm new to the CNC Plasma thing and am wondering if I can use a hand torch or do I need to have a machine torch?

Hi Gooseaa88 and welcome to the forum. I use both a WP80 machine torch and a hand torch depending on what I want to do. My WP80 has a fairly large kerf so if I want to cut fine detail I use the hand torch which I believe is WP45. It has a much finer tip and cuts a smaller kerf. Just out of curiosity what kind of CNC table and plasma cutter are you using?
    Dan
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget View Post
    Hi Gooseaa88 and welcome to the forum. I use both a WP80 machine torch and a hand torch depending on what I want to do. My WP80 has a fairly large kerf so if I want to cut fine detail I use the hand torch which I believe is WP45. It has a much finer tip and cuts a smaller kerf. Just out of curiosity what kind of CNC table and plasma cutter are you using?

Dan
    Hey Dan. Thanks for the reply and kind welcome. I'm kinda dumb regarding terminology but I'm sure I'll come around. Kerf? Oh well. In answer to your questions, I purchased a Eagle Plasma table and intend to operate a Foececut 62I. I'm sure it's overkill for what I want to do right now but I have always lived with the "What If" philosophy. At this time I intend to cut out simple dxf items for my wife and her art group. However, I live in a rural community that may allow me to do some machinery work for local ranchers and farmers. (I hope that will be a way for me to get the thing paid for)

Thanks Again,
    Goose