FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
877 - Long - Inc | 877.566.4462

Thread: Weldall 256PI High frequency start constantly on at power up

Weldall 256PI High frequency start constantly on at power up

I have a Weldall 256PI That when turned on the high frequency points fire constantly even with the foot petal discounted.when firing pushing the petal when connected does nothing no gas flow etc. is there a common relay that goes bad or something? the welder worked fine the last time I used it started this crap out of the gate.wiring diagram or any suggestion would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

woody7978, welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by woody7978 View Post
    I have a Weldall 256PI That when turned on the high frequency points fire constantly even with the foot petal discounted.when firing pushing the petal when connected does nothing no gas flow etc. is there a common relay that goes bad or something? the welder worked fine the last time I used it started this crap out of the gate.wiring diagram or any suggestion would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    Hi Woody,

Thank you for joining the forums. If you need tech support, you can reach them tech@lwelds.com or at 877-566-4462
    Phone: 877-566-4462 x 206
    Email: daniel@longevity-inc.com

Thanks for the information.Ihave contacted them and they have no idea what the problem is. They will have to contact the factory to see if they know which board caused the problem. I am on the east coast and shipping for a repair will not be good sense throwing good money after bad. I have asked for a schematic ,but from what I have heard that doesn't happen ,so I do not know if it will be fixed kinda sad only 4 years old very rarely hobby use,
    Thanks Woody

still waiting for a response and schematic information
    Thanks woody

Hello Woody, we will continue to send requests for the schematics you are requesting for this unit. Please let us know if you are able to find any physical signs of failure on the board(s) mentioned during your phone call with our tech(Jesse).

Thank you,
    LTech