FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
877 - Long - Inc | 877.566.4462

Thread: SpoolGun 140 to use with AHP AlphaTIG 200X 200-Amp AC DC Tig/Stick Welder

SpoolGun 140 to use with AHP AlphaTIG 200X 200-Amp AC DC Tig/Stick Welder

Hello all,

Need help I have the AHP AlphaTIG 200X 200-Amp AC DC Tig/Stick Welder which has a 7 pin connection. I would like to use the longevity SpoolGun 140 with my unit but the spool gun has a 4 pin connector. Is there an adaptor I can use to get this working or is there a re-wire I can do? Thank you

cbronton, welcome to the forum.

Thank you, looking forward to learning more

The spool gun 140 runs 2 different circuits in the connector, the activation switch and the motor's power supply. To fit this torch to your tig welder you would need a way of adjusting the voltage your motor receives and also a new way of getting current and gas flow to the power cable.

Then you have the issue of will this even work if you could hook it up. The type of current supplied to most tig and stick welders, it is constant current based on amperage with fluctuating voltage depending on arc length. Mig welders have a constant voltage current supply with the amperage fluctuating depending on the length of wire from the tip and the wire speed you have selected.

If you would like help with units compatible with the spoolgun 140, please call us at 877-566-4462, we would be happy to help you.
    Last edited by LTech; 12-02-2016 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Grammar!

Thanks for the feedback, you just saved me a lot of time I would have wasted, I will call the number you gave and Thanks again.