FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY

Thread: Order Delays-Slow Service

Order Delays-Slow Service

Kind of frustrating. I ordered a part that was in stock 3 days ago. 2 Days ago I got a call which was nice, confirming my order, and the girl said she is "creating" my shipping label and will email my tracking #. Never came. Order not updated in system. So I call today, it still had not gone out and I was told "they are running behind, it will go out today", which is basically a nice way of saying they hadnt gotten to it yet. Maybe I'm spoiled and used to immediate action from most business' that sell online nowadays, but I think that's slow service, especially on something that I need.
    Previously Owned: Forcecut 60D - силы сократить 60D
    Currently Owned: WeldAll 250PI
    Currently Owned: Honda Generator/Arc Welder

Taun Joshua Jolley
    Tаун Джошуа Джолли

OK,
    So an update and correction to my post. I get home today and there is my torch. So it was fast delivery, poor communication, with fast being the most important in my book. New set of problems though which will likely lead to me returning the torch. This is being sold as a replacement torch for the 250PI, but the connectors are not correct (its a thread on instead of push and twist). Not compatible:/

Quote Originally Posted by tjjolle View Post
    Kind of frustrating. I ordered a part that was in stock 3 days ago. 2 Days ago I got a call which was nice, confirming my order, and the girl said she is "creating" my shipping label and will email my tracking #. Never came. Order not updated in system. So I call today, it still had not gone out and I was told "they are running behind, it will go out today", which is basically a nice way of saying they hadnt gotten to it yet. Maybe I'm spoiled and used to immediate action from most business' that sell online nowadays, but I think that's slow service, especially on something that I need.

Taun Joshua Jolley
    Tаун Джошуа Джолли

Got through this with solution. Luckily I saved my old torch although I was about to toss it recently. I found that the original had a fitting on the first torch had a piece that unthreads from the lead and that was put on my new torch. Maybe a dumb error on my part, but Im perfectly happy and it works like a charm as expected. I know Im a touch customer to please, but I would say Longevity has been on of the better products Ive used over the years, and I was about to buy a Victor plasma cutter but I think Im going to go with Longevity after all.

Taun Joshua Jolley
    Tаун Джошуа Джолли