FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
877 - Long - Inc | 877.566.4462

Thread: Cutmaster 52 with Proma 150 THC Help needed

Cutmaster 52 with Proma 150 THC Help needed

Hi guys

I'm new here and I'm looking for some help with trouble shooting my torch height controller. Does anyone have the same setup as me and if you do can you walk me through step by step how you wired it and all the options you choose on mach 3. I wired mine up and it works when i put it on test mode on the proma 150, i can see the the z axis going up and down and the values are moving correctly on mach 3. I feel like mach 3 is my problem but i could be wrong. Machine specs are 6'x12' esab table that i retrofitted with nema 34 hybrid smooth steeper, a c23 board, and ethernet smooth stepper. Programs I'm using to run this is mach3 and using sheet cam for my Gcode. Also if you can help me with a good starting point for the voltage on the THC, I have it at 120V right now. This is how I wired my THC Name:  Slide1.jpg
Views: 810
Size:  39.3 KB Another question I have is what Post processor option should I be using in SheetCam? There are so many mach3 plasma options.

Thank you

Hi Anthony and welcome to the forum. We like pictures here so please include some showing your work. Be sure to post a bit about yourself in the introduce yourself section so we can get to know you. Also, consider entering the latest contest here. The odds of winning are great.
    Dan
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw

Welcome to the forum Anthony.

Thank you Gadget and M J Mauer. I've pin point my problem a little more. It seems after I zero my height it does excellent its first cut, but when it goes on to the second cut it raise the z axis a little and confuses it self thinking its back to the original cutting height. This THC problem is aggravating.

Authorized Longevity Dealer blueriver's Avatar
    Call Al at Eagle Plasma ... he will walk you thru every step of the Proma 150 ... he's very knowledgeable and great to talk with.
    5x10 CNC table
    Stickweld 140
    Forcecut 80i
    Forcecut 62i
    Tractors, Trucks,
    Trailers, Farm
    Equipment!!

Thank you blueriver, Al was extremely knowledgable and got me on the right track.

Authorized Longevity Dealer blueriver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyHSF View Post
    Thank you blueriver, Al was extremely knowledgable and got me on the right track.
    You are most welcome!
    5x10 CNC table
    Stickweld 140
    Forcecut 80i
    Forcecut 62i
    Tractors, Trucks,
    Trailers, Farm
    Equipment!!