FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY

Thread: the reels

the reels

Guys I want ask youabout the hose reels. Which one do you use? Is it more convenient? I am abeginner. Just want to be equipped with everything required. I own MIG Lincolnwelder.
    thanks

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum. We like pictures here so please include some showing your work. Be sure to post a bit about yourself in the introduce yourself section so we can get to know you. Also, consider entering the latest contest here. The odds of winning are great.
    Dan
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw

Quote Originally Posted by davemcph View Post
    I want ask youabout the hose reels. {snip} I am abeginner. Just want to be equipped with everything required. I own MIG Lincolnwelder.
    thanks
    Welcome, Dave!
    Hose reels are often used for oxy-acetylene rigs to store the double green-red hose. Do you have an OA rig in addition to the MIG welder, or some need to store many feet of hose?

Sling
    Victor o/a
    accumulating tools as projects demand

Dan, I do not have any pictures to show now. But when I am ready with the first project, I will upload pics.

Sling,
    Yes, I purchased oxy-acetylene rigs a year ago on Craigslist. Now I plant to use it. I just thought that it will be safer to store the hose on special reel. The point is that I found just reels for professionals https://www.mrosupply.com/hydraulics...5-50_coxreels/ and the price is high. Nothing middle priced.
    Maybe I will do without the reels now and purchase something cheaper on Ebay.

Got ya, just checking. Some guys go nuts buying every conceivable bit of welding gear.

I don't have enough hose to justify a reel, myself. I coil mine and store it in a dedicated tool box. You could coil yours around the cart handle, if you use a cart.
    Victor o/a
    accumulating tools as projects demand

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_580421_580421?cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=Google_PLA&utm_medium=Welding%20>%2 0Welding%20Accessories&utm_campaign=ReelWorks&utm_ content=159188&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=159188&gclid =Cj0KEQiApruyBRCFqoDu1pbk9rkBEiQAF8EFdVG-TNDyASp4XtURFK27iNT0uO7RwVB0mO5F3DBHXlQaAiV58P8HAQ
    Also on amazon ReelWorks Oxy/Acetylene Hose Reel - 300 PSI with 50ft. Hose https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000AXC7H/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_qn4twb6DCZ069
    Last edited by WookieWelding; 11-20-2015 at 01:42 PM.