FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
877 - Long - Inc | 877.566.4462

Thread: New Mig Drive rolls for MP250

New Mig Drive rolls for MP250

Hello New member question. I have acquired a Longevity MP250 welder that is set up as a aluminum welder. I would like to replace the mig wire drive rolls so I can use steel or flux core wire. I have tried calling Longevity and have gotten no response . I have not seen a parts manual. I am assuming that from my mig welding knowledge and research that aluminum drive rolls has a U groove. A steel drive roll has a V groove and flux core has a serrated groove. If possible I would like the part numbers for the steel and flux core roller in various wire sizes. Also where to acquire them. Thanks

Hello and welcome to the forum Rinelson5. I think the only thing you have to do is make sure the groove is designed for the wire size you are running. I've run steel and flux core wire in my ProMTS with the same rollers as long as the wire and roller groove size match. Not sure on aluminum though, I use a spool gun for that.
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw

Call and ask for Jesse at longevity

Hi I just got through with live chat and Jessie is to call me tomorrow. Similar thread at Warranty parts forum with more info

[QUOTE=Rlnelson5;56506]Hi I just got through with live chat and Jessie is to call me tomorrow. Talked to Jessie . was very nice and we talked for a while. Knew what I was talking about the different drive roll types Alum steel and Flux core Agreed that Long should stock these. He said he will be talking to the factory about these mig drive rolls and will be asking to stock these in the accessories section or consumables . Said he will call me when they come in @ month or so,So on hold for now , Have been waiting for 6 months already another month is no big deal. Sounds promising at least

Hello I have not had any luck with Longevity. Tried leaving messages email nothing no phone reply's emails or messages. So anyway I was looking on Goggle and by accident came up with search 250 mig welders and found this brand Klutch Mig 250S which is made by Northern Industrial tools based here in Minnesota . They had a owners manual online and in it I found a picture of the drive rollers that I had been looking for .I couldn't believe it. So I just called Norther's local number and their parts dept and ordered the steel rollers ,023-.30 and .035 -.040 . I just got the first pair today and they are a exact match . They are a V groove and the rollers i have now ,compared the grooves, and the rollers I have are definitely a U shape made for aluminum. They have a ,045 as well but I didn't get that one. All I am missing now is the serrated or knurled drive rolls for flux core, I can wait for that one as I usually use gas all the time.The customer svc number is 800-222-5581 and the p/n is 22009818 for the .030-.035 and 22009816 for the .023 -.030
    $15.32 for each one