FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
877 - Long - Inc | 877.566.4462

Thread: LS-200PI Parts

LS-200PI Parts

Since my LS-200PI cannot be fixed, well, maybe someone can use it for parts.
    Contact me if any of my parts can be of any use to you.
    Let me know if there are any schematics out there. Jesse tried to get info from the old factories but nothing is available for a 2010 model

Nobody interested in FREE parts?

I just got my unit back. The tech was supposed to leave a note as to what part I need. I haven't had time to open the package yet but will soon. I'll get back to you shortly.
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw

I gave the unit away to a poor soul who is going to try to fix it. I still have the pedal and the WP-26 torch if anyone is interested. I am keeping the PC torch because I want to buy one and a spare is always good

id be interested in the torch if you still have it

I have an LS200pi that no longer works and after trying to repair it is definitely now gone. If anyone is interested in some parts reply. Torch and attachments not available, just parts inside the box. I can send you any parts you may want, boards, etc...if you know what you are doing. It is a fairly complicated machine and one of the components is bad, just can't find out which and no replacements available. So if you want to try a part, let me now.....you pay for shipping...that's all.
    jbman45
    Longevity 200PI
    Longevity Pro Blue Helmet
    Century AC/DC 225Amp Stick/Tig
    Victor 2 Stage Oxy/Acetylene w/cut
    5HP 2 Stage Compressor
    Porter Cable Band Saws
    DeWalt Hand Stuff
    Shop with +40 years of Gadgets....

What were your symptoms? I think my unit had a problem on the top board. Pretty sure that was the logic board. If we have the same symptoms there would probably be no reason to try your board in mine.
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw

Hi Gadget..Sort of evolved. After some time in storage brought out after a move and all seemed ok. Did some stick welding on a tractor fixing a bucket and was strong. Then did some small plazma cutting, only about 6 inches, all was fine. Then started some tig...DC was good; then worked AC on some AL. Seemed pretty good, but cleaning didn't seem to adjust too well. After that short job, and a couple of days did some more AL and it was really dirty, had clean up pretty high but really dirty. changed gas bottles, kept getting worse then it seemed to go to full Pos cleaning, just burned up electrodes. And cleaning control stopped working. So at that point felt it was the HF board on the left side. That board was from a company who just made HF stuff I think.

Then left alone AC and wanted to try plazma....now the plazma was not working, changed torches nothing helped. So plazma was down. Not sure where the plazma comes from but likely tied to the HF board somehow?

So went along for about a week using AC and DC for stick....then all of a sudden no amperage control on stick. Turned the unit on and would show 30 or so amps for about 10 seconds then jumped to 250 ! and testing it, it was welding at 250 amps for sure....very hot.

I used an old trick to cool IC chips to see if that caused a circuit to re-connect. No luck; then used the other trick of heating up the chips to sometimes pull together open contacts and when I heated chips on the top board mid left side where the amp control pot goes, it started working so I figure it is one of the chips on the top board now that has an open circuit causing the amperage not to work, but without any schematic I can't come close to changing any chips. There are no visible burn marks on any boards nor any bad caps from what I can tell.

So that's the story, went from acting up a bit to full failure. Went from I think the HF board on left problem, to I think the top board too......but....it could work in a different environment? I would be happy to send you the boards GAdget to see if you can swap them out. The HF board is harder to get out, the top board fairly easy. I have both removed now and they could be sent easily if you're interested. I left the connectors on the boards so someone can easily see what wires connect so should not be too hard to just try. Boards were not abused removing them, they look new. Let me know if I can help, message me your addy if you want them. Take care...
    jbman45
    Longevity 200PI
    Longevity Pro Blue Helmet
    Century AC/DC 225Amp Stick/Tig
    Victor 2 Stage Oxy/Acetylene w/cut
    5HP 2 Stage Compressor
    Porter Cable Band Saws
    DeWalt Hand Stuff
    Shop with +40 years of Gadgets....