FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
877 - Long - Inc | 877.566.4462

Thread: Take a peek!

Take a peek!

Out messing around in the shop this morning and thought I would fire up the Tig mach. as it has been awhile since I used it. Looked it over and found quite a few dirt-dober tracks around the vents. I pulled the cover off and found a nest the size of my fist on one of the transformers. Might not have hurt anything but if it had been on a board or something it might of cost me a machine. Takes just a few minutes of time but could save a lot.
    Steve
    Miller Dialarc 250
    Lincoln Ranger250
    Longevity TigWeld 200DX

Glad you noticed that one before you fired it up. I had to clean a mouse nest out of a machine that sat for a number of years, and replaced some chewed insulation.
    Victor o/a
    accumulating tools as projects demand

hey poodle, how have you been ?
    I'm in the same boat, its been while since I touched any of my units. have to weld a whole new exhaust
    manifold back, being in PA with emissions have to have a CAT and that truck all I can get is 2.25 pipe.
    so I want it to breath, so I am welding the whole way back with 2.5 split into duel.
    going to use TIG SS, just hope neck and back holds up. rebuilt motor, but found out I couldn't wrench it out, had to have someone pull and put back in for me.
    so being under this time, WHO KNOWS how far I will get. LOL
    on my 150
    Longevity ForceCut 42i
    Longevity 205p Mig W/spool gun
    HTP 201 Tig
    HTP 2400 Mig
    and more tools then my Wife wished I had

I hate insects and rodents.