FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY

Thread: Warranty and Non-Warranty Service on TIG/AC/DC welders

Warranty and Non-Warranty Service on TIG/AC/DC welders

I have emailed on this matter and perhaps you have not had a chance to respond. Nonetheless, while under warranty, who locally to Pensacola, Florida will provide this? If I have to ship back, who pays for shipping? I'd prefer to have locals perform warranty and non-warranty work. Shipping is a hassel. Are there authorized service facilities to Pensacola, Fl?

Hi tank and welcome to the forum. We like pictures here so please include some showing your work. Be sure to post a bit about yourself in the introduce yourself section so we can get to know you. Also, consider entering the latest contest here. The odds of winning are great.
    Dan
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw

Welcome to the forum.

So, it looks like your stuff is very inexpensive and may produce great welds but service is out of the question. No thx!

Hi Tank,

As far as in warranty repairs you may have to ship back to the company I believe. I have heard of the parts being shipped to you. Even Miller and Lincoln do that sometimes. Not sure if Longevity does. Its often pretty simple to replace a board... sometimes not. As far as out of warranty repair there are at least 6 companies in your area that advertise welder repair, so no need to ship for a fried cap or some such thing.

It seems there are quite a few different repair scenarios that could occur. So it is not accurate to say that you would def have to ship something back to the company. But there are places in the US where authorized repair facilities for any brand may be sparse. I personally have Lincoln, Thermalarc, and Longevity equipment. To reach an authorized facility I would have to DRIVE 2 hours each way ((4 hours total!!!) to Baltimore to get my Lincoln machine fixed. No thank you, I personally would much rather be able to ship it. It costs me money either way, I would rather it not also cost me a total of 8 hours (4 to drop off and 4 more to pick it up).
    I figure the total cost for me to have my Lincoln repaired would be
    8 x $50/hr = $400,
    + $50 gas = $450
    + the lost time of 8 hours I could have been working = 8 x $50 = $400
    for a grand total of $850!!!

Seriously I NEVER want to repair my Lincoln.

For my Thermalarc and Longevity they both would have to be shipped someplace to get fixed. So I'm not sure there is much of a difference between owning them except my Longevity has a 5 year warranty whereas my Lincoln and Thermalarc have a 3 year warranty. Hope that helps put things into perspective.
    Last edited by JustinWC; 04-29-2015 at 10:42 AM.
    Best regards,

Justin

Thermal Arc 186 TIG/Stick
    Lincoln SP-180T with spool gun
    Lincoln Electric Powermig 256
    Longevity Forcecut 42i
    Scotchman 275LT Cold saw
    Milwaukee Portaband
    HF 4x6 bandsaw

JET HVBS-710SG 7x10-1/2 inch Geared Head Mitering Horizontal Vertical Bandsaw
    Evolution Rage 3 Dry saw
    (OLD) Rockwell Delta 16 Speed drill press
    29 Gal. air compressor with water trap and desiccant dryer

Quote Originally Posted by tank1949 View Post
    I have emailed on this matter and perhaps you have not had a chance to respond. Nonetheless, while under warranty, who locally to Pensacola, Florida will provide this? If I have to ship back, who pays for shipping? I'd prefer to have locals perform warranty and non-warranty work. Shipping is a hassel. Are there authorized service facilities to Pensacola, Fl?
    Hey Tank1949,

Thank you for your interest in our great line of welders and plasma cutters. At the moment we do not have a warranty service location in your area that you would be able to walk-in and have your machine serviced. In regards to the shipping of the unit, if the machine had to be sent back within the first 30 days, Longevity would take care of everything, including the shipping costs. IF the machine needs to be sent back to us after that time frame, the customer would need to pay the shipping charges to get it back to our techs. Most customers prefer to buy the label from us, as we do have discounted rates thru UPS and FedEX.

Sometimes customers do prefer to have us ship them parts as well, and after talking to our tech support, that is something we can accommodate the majority of the time. Some customers prefer this route because it cuts back on the amount time they are waiting to fix their machines.

We stock parts in California to be able to warranty machines that are both in warranty as well those which are out of warranty.

I hope I was able to answer your questions. If you have any further doubts please feel free to contact me directly, either by email or at my direct phone number 510-735-8957
    Phone: 877-566-4462 x 206
    Email: daniel@longevity-inc.com

Really Daniel? I spoke to Jesse (Tech Support} and he said that you have no schematics or parts for my 5 year-old LS-200PI used by a garage hobbyist (<200 hrs in 5 yrs). Your only technician is always to busy to get on the phone. Jesse also mentioned you would be calling me for a "special deal" because you can't repair my unit (S/N 2090123. I have called Longevity twice and left messages for you to call me. I am still waiting to see how "special" the deal will be. Fortunately it is only a hobby machine. Let me know either way. Thank you

Hi Tank1949. Please give us a call at our corporate office at: (877) 566-4462 and we'll be more than happy to assist you with any questions or concerns regarding warranty. We hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

~Melanie C.

Quote Originally Posted by amessina View Post
    Really Daniel? I spoke to Jesse (Tech Support} and he said that you have no schematics or parts for my 5 year-old LS-200PI used by a garage hobbyist (<200 hrs in 5 yrs). Your only technician is always to busy to get on the phone. Jesse also mentioned you would be calling me for a "special deal" because you can't repair my unit (S/N 2090123. I have called Longevity twice and left messages for you to call me. I am still waiting to see how "special" the deal will be. Fortunately it is only a hobby machine. Let me know either way. Thank you
    Hi Amessina,

We do have have most parts in stock for these units. However, you will need to email tech@lwelds.com the photos of the parts you need. Also, we do have an out of warranty program as well for some models where you can get a deep discount. Daniel is at the Fabtech welding show in Chicago. If you are in the area stop in. If not, please wait until next week for him to give you a quote.

Thank you!
    Longevity Welding
    Toll-Free Support: 1-510-887-7090 / 1-877-566-4462
    Business Hours: Monday-Friday 8AM to 4PM

Jesse said that it is not worth the shipping cost back and forth to Hayward plus the diagnostics because he has no schematics for the "Blue Models". It is not clear what parts are needed. No boards have any indication of blown components. I guess I'll have to wait for Daniel. Thank you for your reply.