FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
877 - Long - Inc | 877.566.4462
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 250 Pi small footpedal mod, big return

Quote Originally Posted by Merklife View Post
    I know this is a post from early last year but my pedal is not working correctly either. I tried to call tech support and the guy was already on another call and it was getting near the end of their shift so I was informed to leave a number and they would call me back Monday...which sucks because today is Friday. Any way all I needed was a direction in which way to go as far as replacing pots..its only two in the pedal so from what was posted above and from the pics I would say its the pot connected to the pedal and not the hand knob that adjust for max amp out put. This is an excellent post because that foot pedal looks exactly like mine inside and out I have a 160PI. Will probably try this mod....Longevity only warranty's their foot pedals for 6 mos. I am just hoping I can find another pot with the correct ratings.
    The ohm rating should be marked on the pot you wish to replace. To confirm the rating, measure the ohms across the two end connections on the pot, since it is likely that the defect is on the wiper contact in the middle. A new (linear) pot can be obtained from Mouser.

Hi Tiggertoo and welcome to the forum. We like pictures here so please include some showing your work. Be sure to post a bit about yourself in the introduce yourself section so we can get to know you. Also, consider entering the latest contest here. The odds of winning are great.
    Dan
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw