FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
877 - Long - Inc | 877.566.4462

Thread: LC 416 Still Going

LC 416 Still Going

I haven't been here much but wanted to drop in. I have had the same LC416 for almost 6 years. I have used it randomly and it has yet to fail.

I fired it up today in the basement to tig weld some footpegs on my father in laws bike. He said the bolts broke and he rather just weld them.

It had been awile since I have used the machine but I have loaned it out to welding students and coworkers. Never a complaint. The most revent time, my co worker brought it back and I threw it in the back of my subaru wagon. Along with the 120 Co Ft Argon Bottle. I was working lots of hours and kept forgetting to take the bottle out after hearing it hit the welder. 1st time it hit, I figured it was done. So it was no big deal (other than having a heavy hunk of steel in the back of the car).

Finally took it out but just set it aside. Took a job as an instructor in another state, moved it not caring much for how it was handled.

Father in law asked me to weld the pegs on and I figured I would give it a try. Fired it up and it was all good. Need to try the plasma soon. Name:  20150201_145702.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  53.3 KBName:  20150201_145702.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  53.3 KB

Kinda like the Timex watch commercial. Takes a licking but keeps on Tigging.
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw

Yes. It has held up better than I thought it would. In April it will be 6 years.

Authorized Longevity Dealer blueriver's Avatar
    Post up some pictures
    5x10 CNC table
    Stickweld 140
    Forcecut 80i
    Forcecut 62i
    Tractors, Trucks,
    Trailers, Farm
    Equipment!!