FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
877 - Long - Inc | 877.566.4462

Thread: Everlast power plasma 50

Everlast power plasma 50

I received my first plasma cutter, so I did an unboxing video and stuck it on youtube for your enjoyment.

I like the machine, but it was a frustrating experiance as a new user to plasma cutters.

I've posted part1 and part2 should be uploaded tomorrow

http://youtu.be/l0oBmcrFLUQ

thanks
    Peter
    Last edited by Gadget; 12-16-2014 at 04:44 PM. Reason: embedded video and moved to correct section

Peter, you are correct on the direction of air flow. Also, you don't need to worry about the CNC connector on the back if you are going to use the hand torch. Just set the switch on the front to manual. The four parts are spare electrodes for inside the torch. I would mount the water separator away from the fan on the unit, the fan could suck moisture into the cutter, they don't l ike that. Be careful with the swirl ring, the reddish ring around the electrode. They are expensive and break easily. Always tighten the electrode with a wrench and make sure it moves in and out with the spring. That is how the torch starts it's fire.
    For air pressure, I do most of my cutting between 55 and 65 PSI.
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw

thank you very much. I also found a manual on the everlast website. so when I post the second video I'll leave a reference to the manual. no idea why it wasn't with the package in the first place.

peter

here's part 2 of the unboxing video.

http://youtu.be/25XgQPJB9Tc

Last edited by Gadget; 12-18-2014 at 09:11 AM. Reason: embedded video

Thanks for the video, was helpful a lot because I also plan to buy one!