Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Took delivery on my Weldmax 185i today

Text me pics.
    Torchmate 2x2 CNC
    Longevity 200ex
    Longevity Forcecut 42i
    Thermal Arc 186

Quote Originally Posted by Bdub View Post
    I received my TIG torch yesterday. The dinse fits and the torch head has a argon valve and arc trigger. Looks like this is what I need. I'll have to make the hose longer as it is attached to the torch head and I have approximately 5 ft of hose. Wonder if this is "special" hose?
    My bad.........the hose is on the dinse end. I'll just have to make it work at the regulator.
    Longevity WeldMax 185i
    Hobart Handler 140
    HF Stand Drill Press
    HF Vertical Band Saw
    HF O/A Torch Set
    Jet 7X12 Horizontal Metal Saw
    Ingersoll Rand 2HP Twin Stack Air Compressor
    HF 20 Ton Shop Press
    HF 12 Ton Pipe Bender
    Big Old Anvil

These "issues" you're having sound very similar to the ones I've had with the stickweld 140 stl I got. Check out my post on the 140 stl review I was planning. First they sent the wrong machine, then after I agreed to purchase the wrong machine they still took a week to send me the right machine. Then the correct machine gets here, the TIG torch doesn't have a valve, the salesman initially told me that gas flows through the machine. I'm no rookie here, I know how these things work, the torch needs a valve, which cost me $25 at my LWS. But the big issue is the TIG torch has the large dinse and the machine has the small dinse. Going on 10 days ago now they were supposed to send me the adapter. I'm betting they send me the wrong adapter, if it ever shows up. I emailed Simon and asked him to call me, he did not. I called his extension and left a message asking him to call me, he did not. I called my salesman, John (who has been a good guy to deal with), and told him I'd rather just return all this equipment, get my money back and we'd part friends. He informed me that I'd have to pay shipping AND a 15% restocking fee. So roughly $125 to get $487 back, assuming they accept the equipment back once they get it. I think I'd rather just either sell this gear myself or smash it all with a BFH, which will be sad because the equipment actually works very nicely. John offered to give me a $100 credit on my account. I appreciate the offer, but I will never use it. I will never buy another thing from longevity and be sure to pass along my experience to others as honest and complete as possible. It seems, after reading your experience and with my own, that these folks don't know much about the equipment they're selling. I gave them a shot, even after I read A LOT of negative reviews online about them. Guess I should've listened.
    Miller thunderbolt 225 AC buzz box w/ DC rectifier
    Miller HF-251D
    Millermatic 250
    Miller Maxstar 150 STH
    Autoarc (Hobart) 230 mig
    Lincoln Powermig 140C
    Lincoln Precisiontig 225
    HTP 221 TIG
    HTP 301 plasma cutter
    ESAB WH 4200 O&A

Quote Originally Posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    These "issues" you're having sound very similar to the ones I've had with the stickweld 140 stl I got. Check out my post on the 140 stl review I was planning. First they sent the wrong machine, then after I agreed to purchase the wrong machine they still took a week to send me the right machine. Then the correct machine gets here, the TIG torch doesn't have a valve, the salesman initially told me that gas flows through the machine. I'm no rookie here, I know how these things work, the torch needs a valve, which cost me $25 at my LWS. But the big issue is the TIG torch has the large dinse and the machine has the small dinse. Going on 10 days ago now they were supposed to send me the adapter. I'm betting they send me the wrong adapter, if it ever shows up. I emailed Simon and asked him to call me, he did not. I called his extension and left a message asking him to call me, he did not. I called my salesman, John (who has been a good guy to deal with), and told him I'd rather just return all this equipment, get my money back and we'd part friends. He informed me that I'd have to pay shipping AND a 15% restocking fee. So roughly $125 to get $487 back, assuming they accept the equipment back once they get it. I think I'd rather just either sell this gear myself or smash it all with a BFH, which will be sad because the equipment actually works very nicely. John offered to give me a $100 credit on my account. I appreciate the offer, but I will never use it. I will never buy another thing from longevity and be sure to pass along my experience to others as honest and complete as possible. It seems, after reading your experience and with my own, that these folks don't know much about the equipment they're selling. I gave them a shot, even after I read A LOT of negative reviews online about them. Guess I should've listened.

Hi Ryan,

Once again we apologize for the experience you've had as we discussed in last our telephone conversation. We will continue to strive to get better in all aspects by making sure we get it right the first time, in your case we failed to live up to our expectations we set. We hope your reconsider your decision to do future business with Longevity.

Respectfully,

John Bazan

Hi Ryan,

I am very sorry you had experienced that. I checked why there was a delay in shipment for the adapter, and I am waiting for the warehouse manager to contact me. For the plug, I know we have sent it out to you and the credit for your troubles will stay in our account. I urge you to use it for consumables or whatever you may need in the future.
    Longevity Welding
    Toll-Free Support: 1-510-887-7090 / 1-877-566-4462
    Business Hours: Monday-Friday 8AM to 4PM

Guys, I appreciate the responces and gestures, I really do. The fact is we out here have jobs to get done just like you guys have your jobs to get done. We rely on our vendors to get us the equipment and supplies we need, and pay for, to get things done. If you can't deliver what's expected in an acceptable amount of time, then guys like me will go elsewhere. We don't have the time to keep taking chances on you. I ordered the maxstar 150 sth from miller, had it in two days, with all of its parts and ready to go. I ordered an HTP 221 TIG welder and a 301 plasma cutter from HTP, I got it in four days, counting the weekend. All of that AFTER I bought the two machines from you guys, and I still don't have all my parts. It's clear that my experience with longevity is not an isolated incident. I hope you guys work to improve things over there.

Best wishes to you.
    Miller thunderbolt 225 AC buzz box w/ DC rectifier
    Miller HF-251D
    Millermatic 250
    Miller Maxstar 150 STH
    Autoarc (Hobart) 230 mig
    Lincoln Powermig 140C
    Lincoln Precisiontig 225
    HTP 221 TIG
    HTP 301 plasma cutter
    ESAB WH 4200 O&A

I completely understand your frustration. We will learn from this mistake and improve by coordinating better with our suppliers so that this situation of missing parts for not repeat. As we become a larger company, we must overcome our growing pains. Thank you for your patience.

Stick welding

Quote Originally Posted by LONGEVITY View Post
    I completely understand your frustration. We will learn from this mistake and improve by coordinating better with our suppliers so that this situation of missing parts for not repeat. As we become a larger company, we must overcome our growing pains. Thank you for your patience.

I got a chance to stick weld with my 185i. It was just a small project, but the welder worked good. I've got another project coming up and I'm anxious to give it another try.
    Longevity WeldMax 185i
    Hobart Handler 140
    HF Stand Drill Press
    HF Vertical Band Saw
    HF O/A Torch Set
    HF 20 Ton Shop Press
    HF 12 Ton Pipe Bender
    Big Old Anvil

Quote Originally Posted by Bdub View Post
    I got a chance to stick weld with my 185i. It was just a small project, but the welder worked good. I've got another project coming up and I'm anxious to give it another try.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. When you get a chance, please post up some pictures.
    Longevity Welding
    Toll-Free Support: 1-510-887-7090 / 1-877-566-4462
    Business Hours: Monday-Friday 8AM to 4PM

Since the purchase of my 185i I've had a chance to weld on a few small projects. This spring I did some thorough maintenance on my Jet Horizontal saw. With that done I got a chance to build an anvil stand that I've wanted to do forever (the anvil was mounted on an old stump). The welder performed well (the operator was rusty in the beginning). No, that little welder did a good job. I'll see if I can get some pictures of my anvil project on the site.
    BW
    Longevity WeldMax 185i
    Hobart Handler 140
    HF Stand Drill Press
    HF Vertical Band Saw
    HF O/A Torch Set
    HF 20 Ton Shop Press
    HF 12 Ton Pipe Bender
    Big Old Anvil