FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
877 - Long - Inc | 877.566.4462

Thread: convert CT520Z 2 wire to 7

convert CT520Z 2 wire to 7

Guys,

I would really like to convert my TIG over to a 7 wire switch and add a foot peddle. I have read a bunch on it but all of them have been for other welders. I know quite a few of the china welders have the same color and its fairly universal among many of them. But I was wondering if anyone can confirm that the CT520Z is the same. I have one that was branded by Simadre and it is the CT520Z digital. What I need to get clear in my head is the wiring, where I can pick up a 7 pin plug that will fit and what is a good affordable foot peddle that will work with it. If anyone can help me get it straight in my head I would greatly appreciate it.

Hi Lowbush and welcome to the forum. We like pictures here so be sure to include some showing your work. Be sure to post a bit about yourself in the introduce yourself section so we can get to know you.
    Dan
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget View Post
    Hi Lowbush and welcome to the forum. We like pictures here so be sure to include some showing your work. Be sure to post a bit about yourself in the introduce yourself section so we can get to know you.
    Dan
    Thanks I certainly will, I am just a automotive hobbyist so my work is not dazzling but it get's the job done. That's one of the reasons I am trying to upgrade this box to a foot peddle to see if I can get a little more control out and improve my results.