FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
877 - Long - Inc | 877.566.4462

Thread: 5 year review

5 year review

I figured I would do an update, as I have been dealing with Longevity since they were a small company where the owners answered. Ive had the forcecut 60 and the 250 PI.

Overall the equipment is great. I did have issues with my forcecuts and was talking into an upgrade to the 250PI. I dont use the equipment heavily, just home tinkering. Its done some good projects however, with the plasma feature being used the most. The unit finally popped something on the board almost 5 years into my dealings with the company and 3-4 years since the upgrade. I have had it repaired and havent used it recently but have plans to.

The Warranty: The first reason I was attracted to Longevity 6 or so years ago was the 5 year warranty, no hassle. First few times no issues, again back then dealing primarily with the smaller version and talking to Simon or Jesse. A couple years ago had my torch replaced and had some poor response times on email to longevity support, but they took care of it in the end.
    Recently when I called Longevity I was routed to a department to assess my needs and problems. They sort of gave me a runaround and apparently didn't have records of my original stuff (lucky Ive saved every email for a decade). I imagine the company has grown quiet a bit and they likely updated their software in the process and the records got jumbled. I was told the the multi-process units are 2 year warranty now, different from when I got it. But with no record of my original dealings I got the runaround from the employee, and I would have to pay to repair it. I did contact Simon the owner out of frustration, Simon actually took the time to respond while he was on vacation. He took care of it immediately when he returned.

Today I probably would only lean to the 5 year warranty equipment vs. the multi-process with 2 years, but I would definitely do business with Longevity. I think the techs and employee's probably need some additional training or resources to deal with these situations, even in how the talk to the customer as my initial employee almost seemed put out that they would have honor the warranty, and failed to get all the information when on with me the first time. As the company grows, surveys on customer service would help them find the possible nuisances that occur to customers.

I think they should also train the tech's to sell upgrades. I had mentioned it several times but never actually got there with a salesperson so I moved on. I'm willing to spend more money with Longevity, just got to be 'sold'.

I do think the organization is a great one, still some growing pains to be learned as it gets larger, and I am very impressed with the level of engagement with the owner.

If your thinking of buying here, I would suggest it.

Taun
    Previously Owned: Forcecut 60D - силы сократить 60D
    Currently Owned: WeldAll 250PI
    Currently Owned: Honda Generator/Arc Welder

Taun Joshua Jolley
    Tаун Джошуа Джолли

Quote Originally Posted by tjjolle View Post
    I figured I would do an update, as I have been dealing with Longevity since they were a small company where the owners answered. Ive had the forcecut 60 and the 250 PI.

Overall the equipment is great. I did have issues with my forcecuts and was talking into an upgrade to the 250PI. I dont use the equipment heavily, just home tinkering. Its done some good projects however, with the plasma feature being used the most. The unit finally popped something on the board almost 5 years into my dealings with the company and 3-4 years since the upgrade. I have had it repaired and havent used it recently but have plans to.

The Warranty: The first reason I was attracted to Longevity 6 or so years ago was the 5 year warranty, no hassle. First few times no issues, again back then dealing primarily with the smaller version and talking to Simon or Jesse. A couple years ago had my torch replaced and had some poor response times on email to longevity support, but they took care of it in the end.
    Recently when I called Longevity I was routed to a department to assess my needs and problems. They sort of gave me a runaround and apparently didn't have records of my original stuff (lucky Ive saved every email for a decade). I imagine the company has grown quiet a bit and they likely updated their software in the process and the records got jumbled. I was told the the multi-process units are 2 year warranty now, different from when I got it. But with no record of my original dealings I got the runaround from the employee, and I would have to pay to repair it. I did contact Simon the owner out of frustration, Simon actually took the time to respond while he was on vacation. He took care of it immediately when he returned.

Today I probably would only lean to the 5 year warranty equipment vs. the multi-process with 2 years, but I would definitely do business with Longevity. I think the techs and employee's probably need some additional training or resources to deal with these situations, even in how the talk to the customer as my initial employee almost seemed put out that they would have honor the warranty, and failed to get all the information when on with me the first time. As the company grows, surveys on customer service would help them find the possible nuisances that occur to customers.

I think they should also train the tech's to sell upgrades. I had mentioned it several times but never actually got there with a salesperson so I moved on. I'm willing to spend more money with Longevity, just got to be 'sold'.

I do think the organization is a great one, still some growing pains to be learned as it gets larger, and I am very impressed with the level of engagement with the owner.

If your thinking of buying here, I would suggest it.

Taun

Tuan,

Thanks for the post! We appreciate the suggestions and always look for ways to improve the customer experience and making sure customer service is at the forefront. Please, if you need anything in the future you can contact me personally.

Best Regards,

John

I had a similar experience 5 yrs ago when I purchased the machine from Jesse. Killer deal with added consumables etc but now "old blue" (LS-200PI) is very anemic (arc with no power) and neither stick nor plasma arc work but the High Frequency points spark and are set correctly (.030" per Forum folks suggestion). Jesse has no schematics and no technician to troubleshoot it. He said: "Not worth the round-trip shipping cost and diagnostics since schematics and parts are not available". Daniel is supposed to call with a "special replacement price because it can't be fixed". Some forum folks suggested I let it run idle for 24hrs (to dry-out capacitors???).....I did even though Southern California is not humid. I am still waiting on Daniel and maybe I'll call Simon and see what he can do. Xmas is coming and I have projects to finish. This has been going on way too long.