FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
877 - Long - Inc | 877.566.4462

Thread: LS160 6 year review

LS160 6 year review

Well not too many 6+ year reviews of a longevity machine but im one of the original owners of a ls160 when longevity first started. I must say...this machine has paid for itself 100 times over. I have made backhoes, roll cages, bumpers, police car cages, and everything in between you can think of using this machine and it still amazes me. It is my favorite tool in my garage and id trade my millermatic 210 before the longevity unit. Ive abused this machine for years and it has survived many moves. The thing works as good as it did when I bought it over 6 years ago. If you have doubts about these machines just buy one and you will not be sorry. My machine will cut 1/2 inch steel with ease and weld aluminum with the tig and after 6+ years of using it I would buy another today if it quit working. Thanks longevity.
    Super160

Quote Originally Posted by cracer250 View Post
    Well not too many 6+ year reviews of a longevity machine but im one of the original owners of a ls160 when longevity first started. I must say...this machine has paid for itself 100 times over. I have made backhoes, roll cages, bumpers, police car cages, and everything in between you can think of using this machine and it still amazes me. It is my favorite tool in my garage and id trade my millermatic 210 before the longevity unit. Ive abused this machine for years and it has survived many moves. The thing works as good as it did when I bought it over 6 years ago. If you have doubts about these machines just buy one and you will not be sorry. My machine will cut 1/2 inch steel with ease and weld aluminum with the tig and after 6+ years of using it I would buy another today if it quit working. Thanks longevity.

Cracer!

Very nice hearing from you after all of this time. I am glad to have you part of our customer base and really happy to see you tell people about our products and how they have helped you over the years. Thanks again! Our company was built on praise and this is special to see after 6 years.

Best

Simon
    Longevity Welding
    Toll-Free Support: 1-510-887-7090 / 1-877-566-4462
    Business Hours: Monday-Friday 8AM to 4PM

Cracer250,
    Simon was very pleased to see this post. He has offered to give you a $50. discount on your next purchase of any Longevity product or consumable kit. Thank you for demonstrating that the Longevity products do continue to perform.
    As a side note, I had one of the early LS160's when they first came out, I really loved that unit. I was given such a good deal on my LS200PI though that I upgraded for the increased power even though the 160 seemed plenty powerful for me.
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw

Hoping I can say the same for mine after 6 yrs. It's been 2yrs and still going strong.
    Steve
    Miller Dialarc 250
    Lincoln Ranger250
    Longevity TigWeld 200DX

That's great! The only way I'm not getting 6 years out of my plasma is if they come out with a bigger one
    Hint hint
    Torchmate 2x2 CNC
    Longevity 200ex
    Longevity Forcecut 42i
    Thermal Arc 186

Mine is 5 yrs old (S/N 2090123 and it is "unrepairable" per Jesse. No parts. No schematics. It sat for 3 months and then....no power. It was awesome while it lasted. Sure hate to scrap it.