FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
877 - Long - Inc | 877.566.4462
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 110/220 volt adapter

I will make a new one.

Right now my welding job only requires around 1/3 power from the welder so I think it should be ok for that.

Eric
    Longevity LC-520D (ordered, Delivered, works great)
    Longevity Pro-Black Welding helmet, works great
    Pexto 137 shear (my latest toy)

Personal website
    www.howhardcanitbe.tv

Where I work.
    www.roadinosaur.com
    www.mattsrepair.com

Wanted to give you a big thanks for adapter picture, as this wil be very handy
    oopsicon Buck Parker
    Hobart 125ez welder
    Longevityb Forcecut 50D

This is great information for the the adapter. Thanks.
    Will Ellis
    Current Equipment:
    Snap-On (Miller/Hobart) M135X [being upgraded]
    Longevity ArcMate 205
    Longevity ForceCut LP-50D Pilot Arc

I just found the McMaster-Carr sells power cords with a plug on one end and bare wires on the other.

I looked for them before and couldn't find them. They are in the extension cord section. I will be get one to replace the cord on my adapter. I could use an extension cord but that seems like a waste.

Eric
    Longevity LC-520D (ordered, Delivered, works great)
    Longevity Pro-Black Welding helmet, works great
    Pexto 137 shear (my latest toy)

Personal website
    www.howhardcanitbe.tv

Where I work.
    www.roadinosaur.com
    www.mattsrepair.com

I was at Harbor Freight yesterday and they had a 120 to 240 Volt adaptor on the shelf. The adaptor was about 2 Ft long and had a 120 volt male plug on one end and a 240 volt female on the other. I was in a hurry and did not get any other information. I can't find it in there catalog!!
    I found it in the catalog, the number is 65942. They are rating it as a 15 amp, so it may be best suted for the smaller machines.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by KHK; 10-02-2010 at 07:30 PM.
    keith
    The older the Boys, the more expensive the TOYS
    Previously Owned equipment;
    lot's
    Current equipment;
    3HP Speedair air compressor, Wilton drill press, Craftsman 10x36 lathe, 10 ton hydrolic press, Portaband band saw, OA torch, Small home brew CNC machine, powered by my 200PI
    2 Longevity autodarking helmets
    160d MIG
    WeldAll 200PI

Camper Adapter

Quote Originally Posted by KHK View Post
    I was at Harbor Freight yesterday and they had a 120 to 240 Volt adaptor on the shelf. The adaptor was about 2 Ft long and had a 120 volt male plug on one end and a 240 volt female on the other. I was in a hurry and did not get any other information. I can't find it in there catalog!!
    I found it in the catalog, the number is 65942. They are rating it as a 15 amp, so it may be best suted for the smaller machines.
    That looks like a adapter for a small camper. 110 volt 30 amp camper recepticle to a 110 volt 15 amp plug.

Hi llowell and welcome to the forum. We like pictures here so be sure to include some showing your work. Also, check out for the contest here. The odds of winning a great new Longevity machine are very good. Please post a bit about yourself in the introduce yourself forum so we can get to know you.
    Dan
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw

Quote Originally Posted by llowell View Post
    That looks like a adapter for a small camper. 110 volt 30 amp camper recepticle to a 110 volt 15 amp plug.
    I think that it is listed on HF as a camper adapter.
    Last edited by KHK; 10-31-2010 at 09:37 PM. Reason: typo
    keith
    The older the Boys, the more expensive the TOYS
    Previously Owned equipment;
    lot's
    Current equipment;
    3HP Speedair air compressor, Wilton drill press, Craftsman 10x36 lathe, 10 ton hydrolic press, Portaband band saw, OA torch, Small home brew CNC machine, powered by my 200PI
    2 Longevity autodarking helmets
    160d MIG
    WeldAll 200PI

12 gage is for max 20 A so many machines would be pushing it. Another thing to think about is rugrats... I greatly prefer a locking connector for some thing like this to make a straight run of the cable rather then it doubled over its self with the pics shown. the other option is to get a gangbox and put a wall style 220 outlet on it rather then a floor mount dryer style outlet.
    O/A set
    StickWeld 140