FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY

Thread: Jackson truesight VS Miller digital elite ( you be the judge )

Jackson truesight VS Miller digital elite ( you be the judge )

Name:  Miller digital elite view.JPG
Views: 2758
Size:  100.7 KBName:  Truesight view.JPG
Views: 2247
Size:  88.7 KB

Quick and Dirty

Jackson:

Better head gear, simple and comfirtable and locks on the top (however) , helmet is very flimsy and more than likely will not hold up well, bad helmet shape and weight to the front ratio and because of this, the Locking feature I love so much on my jackson passive helmet does not work as good. Very large view area, which may or may not be a good thing. Auto dark part can be removed and added to the HSL-100 helmet which is WAY better than the stock helmet.

Miller:

Better helmet plastic but still flimsy, head-gear "new model" confusing and frustrating, also creeps down NO MATTER WHAT! X-mode is good but at school I have note used not once, so I can't comment. I'm not a fan of the green view (I use a jackson passive with a gold plate) but I have done some good welding with it, so this is up to the user. Auto Dark unit can only go in Digital elite model so if you don't like the helmet you are out of luck.

Over all, I'm happy to sell the Miller, I knew I made a mistake the first week of school, and could not recommend it for new students, as you wont get any use of the X-mode.

I just got the jackson so I can't comment, I am confused as to their choice of helmet as the HSL-100 is much better.
    Just bough a Longevity 250

will add more machines later!

I don't know why the pics are sideways.
    Just bough a Longevity 250

will add more machines later!

Miller x mode is great if welding outside. It will darken from frequency instead of bright sun. Also has grind, weld and torch mode which is great. You can get other lenses so not stuck with green. But the green helps not get arc flash if you ever forget to change from grind mode. Can't comment on Jackson, other than made in the US. Which is great, but Miller may be also.
    If there's a hole, my rod can fill it!
    Used: Miller Maxstar, Dynasty, Syncrowave, and Longevity 200sx
    Own: Longevity 200sx, Dewalt 4 1/2" grinder

I have used the trusight by jackson its the next step up from the nexgen and is Clear as clear
    can be
    Ahp 200x tig acdc
    forcecut 42i
    Miller xmt350
    Lincoln LN-25
    Victor oxy/acetylene/
    Bunch of tools of the trade to much to list
    http://instagram.com/weldor_wes/

My wife bought me a 3M Speedglass 9100 for my birthday a while ago, and it is head and shoulders above the three other auto-dark helmets I've owned. - Never had a Jackson,or a Miller though.
    Cheers,
    Art R.

Longevity LS200-PI multi-purpose cutter/welder,
    Miller 180 Auto-Set MIG,
    Custom 5hp compressor,

I have used the speed glass 3m 9100 and will take the miller elite over it any day. Although I do like the headgear on the speed glass it is just bulky so harder to fit in tight areas.
    If there's a hole, my rod can fill it!
    Used: Miller Maxstar, Dynasty, Syncrowave, and Longevity 200sx
    Own: Longevity 200sx, Dewalt 4 1/2" grinder

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSteel View Post
    I have used the speed glass 3m 9100 and will take the miller elite over it any day. Although I do like the headgear on the speed glass it is just bulky so harder to fit in tight areas.
    for clarity the trusight beats the speed glass and the miller elite hands down
    Ahp 200x tig acdc
    forcecut 42i
    Miller xmt350
    Lincoln LN-25
    Victor oxy/acetylene/
    Bunch of tools of the trade to much to list
    http://instagram.com/weldor_wes/