FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY

Thread: Incorrect Site From Email Notification Link

Incorrect Site From Email Notification Link

Recently, when I click on a link from a Longevity email notification, I don't always get to the Longevity forum on the first attempt, but end up at:

Either a redirect isn't working all the time or something more. The first couple of times, I thought I may have clicked on an ad within the web email site accidentally because when I went back to the email and clicked on the "The following threads have been updated:" link, I end up at the intended post. So I paid more attention on my clicking and sure enough, it has happened a few times (5 times?) in the past week or two. Maybe since the website update..?

Just thought I would mention it. It could be something on this end, too.

Paul

Try clearing your temporary Internet files cache, that has
    Resolved most issues I've seen since the update. If that doesn't do it let me know and I will contact the developers.
    Thanks for the heads up,.
    Dan
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw

Thanks for the reply, Dan. I will try clearing the cache on other computers, but I don't think that is it. I tried it on a setup that doesn't keep any history (cookies, files, etc) beyond a session and had the same thing happen this morning. I didn't think I was going to have a problem as I noticed the Longevity-inc.com domain in the address bar st first. I looked away for a bit and when I returned, the same site/error was up and no back history to go back a page.

I'll keep tabs on this as I go. If no one else is noticing it, I'll assume it's just my problem. Thanks again.
    Paul

If it matters: After removing the cookies from Longevity and FileStore, the error pops up when I click on an email notification link. After the first visit and until the cookies are removed, this error doesn't come up. When I do get the error page, it has, in part:

"Resource is missing
    File with specified ID not found. It may have been removed for breaking the rules."

...It doesn't matter if I leave this page up or not and return to the email and click on the link again, I get the intended Longevity forum post. There may be content on the Longevity page that requires more from FileStore, but I'm only guessing.

Again, only if it matters. Thanks...
    Paul

I've sent the link to this thread to the developers to see if it's a problem on this end.
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw