FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
877 - Long - Inc | 877.566.4462

Thread: Homemade Tools

Homemade Tools

4T or not 4T, that is the question.

Miller Model 88 250 amp AC, Miller MM210, Hobart HH187, Longevity Force Cut 42i, Longevity Tigweld 200EX

Great site, I've been trying to get through all the builders for a month or so now. They keep adding more so I have to start all over again.
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw

Hi Guys,

Ken from HomemadeTools.net here. We appreciate the creativity and ingenious solutions found everywhere builders of homemade tools congregate.

If there's anything you'd like to see featured on our site, just say the word.

Ken

Hi Ken and welcome to the forum. We like pictures here so be sure to include some showing your work. Be sure to post a bit about yourself in the introduce yourself section so we can get to know you. Also, keep an eye out for the next contest here. The odds of winning a great new Longevity machine are very good.
    Dan

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80

Welcome to the forum, Ken.
    Is it OK to want to break something just so that you can weld it back together?

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the welcome!

You asked for pics, you got 'em.

Here's a photo of the airplane I built a number of years ago:

And a link to the progress photos of my current motorcycle restoration project. The bike is nearly finished, though I've been seriously remiss in keeping up with my photo posting chores. I'll get caught up when it's done.

Welding-wise, I've spent some time with an OA rig (mostly working on steel tube airplane fuselages), though not lately. I'd love to learn TIG one of these days.

Ken

Great looking plane, you did a great job on it. I sure wish I had kept my old Triumph, it was a nice bike.

Atlas 10x36" lathe

Top 50 homemade tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Ken here from HomemadeTools.net.

I know this thread is an old one, but thanks for the link!

To celebrate our 20,000th homemade tool, we made a new ebook featuring our top 50 homemade tools. You guys are welcome to it for free:

http://download.homemadetools.net/50MustReadTools.pdf