FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
877 - Long - Inc | 877.566.4462
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Longevity migweld 100 setup basics and review - 90 amp flux core mig welder

Thumbs up Longevity migweld 100 setup basics and review - 90 amp flux core mig welder

Gotta see our newest video! Scott shows off the super affordable LONGEVITY MIGWELD 100, which utilizes flux core wire and allows anyone to weld at 110 power.

Received My Longevity MIGWELD100

About two weeks ago I received my Migweld100, but there were some accessories missing from the box. Finally received the accessories today. The spool of wire is Aluminum Alloy Welding Wire ER4043. Does anyone have any advice on using this wire? Just starting out welding with MIG/FLUXCORE and would like some advice. I'm not planning on welding any thing heavy at this point.

Hi and welcome to the forum. We like pictures here so be sure to include some showing your work. Be sure to post a bit about yourself in the introduce yourself section so we can get to know you. Also, keep an eye out for the next contest here. The odds of winning a great new Longevity machine are very good.
    I can't answer your question as I'm also just restarting on MIG but there are lots of people here who can help.
    Dan
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw

you should have gotten ER70T IIRC nr211 fluxcore
    not aluminum 4043
    Ahp 200x tig acdc
    forcecut 42i
    Miller xmt350
    Lincoln LN-25
    Victor oxy/acetylene/
    Bunch of tools of the trade to much to list
    http://instagram.com/weldor_wes/

I was of the opinion that that might be the wrong type wire, but that is what Longevity sent me. I called them and the person I spoke to said that is the standard wire they send with the Migweld100 unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chujo View Post
    I was of the opinion that that might be the wrong type wire, but that is what Longevity sent me. I called them and the person I spoke to said that is the standard wire they send with the Migweld100 unit.
    will it is the wrong wire
    goto Home depot and pick up some lincoln NR211 0.030
    Ahp 200x tig acdc
    forcecut 42i
    Miller xmt350
    Lincoln LN-25
    Victor oxy/acetylene/
    Bunch of tools of the trade to much to list
    http://instagram.com/weldor_wes/

Thanks! I did just that and it made a big difference. My initial beads ( more like scattered bumps ) are at least somewhat recognizable. Now I guess practice, practice, practice.

Is there anyone else that has used the Migweld100? What kind of success have you had.

Longevity is making good on the wire snafu! I would like to hear from anyone else who has tried the Longevity Migweld100. I have used it to make a couple of small repairs. It does the job. I.E. I did a weld repair on the mower deck lift mechanism on my Dad's lawn mower. Lets' hear some more on anyone else's experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Chujo View Post
    Longevity is making good on the wire snafu! I would like to hear from anyone else who has tried the Longevity Migweld100. I have used it to make a couple of small repairs. It does the job. I.E. I did a weld repair on the mower deck lift mechanism on my Dad's lawn mower. Lets' hear some more on anyone else's experience!
    My welds are getting better- Nice inexpensive welder. So far I haven't heard anyone else's comments on this welder.