FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
877 - Long - Inc | 877.566.4462

Thread: TigWeld 200EX

Images
    Thanks

TigWeld 200EX

Well, the 200SX has been on back-order, and I decided to pay a little more and upgrade to the 200EX. Wouldn't you know it, it's on back-order also. Should be in later this month, and I still have the 160SX. If anyone has the 200EX, please chime in
    4T or not 4T, that is the question.

Miller Model 88 250 amp AC, Miller MM210, Hobart HH187, Longevity Force Cut 42i, Longevity Tigweld 200EX

Images
    Thanks
    Glad I went with the 200i. So far so good. The 200sx would be nice but I didn't want to wait.
    I found out that I had my argon bottle pressure turned up way to much. I had the gauge set on the LPM.
    Scott
    Lincoln 135
    HTP 221 DV

Images
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Well, the 200SX has been on back-order, and I decided to pay a little more and upgrade to the 200EX. Wouldn't you know it, it's on back-order also. Should be in later this month, and I still have the 160SX. If anyone has the 200EX, please chime in
    I started a thread a while ago asking questions about the 200EX but no one had anything to say.... I really am interested in it as well.. I like the ability to dial in the exact parameters on everything.... But I am afraid of it too just for the fact of it having a lot more electronics to mess up.. Hope someone who has one chimes in as well.. Also congrats again on winning Cope....
    If you can see it, You can weld it.........

Lincoln Pro Mig 180
    Lincoln Magnum SG 100 Spool Gun
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 42
    H.F. Horizontal Band Saw
    H.F. Tubing Bender
    H.F. 48'' Sheet Metal Brake
    Sync180 Tube Notcher
    Grizzly Drill Press
    Northern Industrial 14'' Dry Cut Saw
    To Many Angle Grinders (yeah right)
    To many Hand Tools (ditto)
    28'' x 48'' x 1/2'' Top Welding Table
    Not near enough Shop Space

Images
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Stiltner View Post
    I started a thread a while ago asking questions about the 200EX but no one had anything to say.... I really am interested in it as well.. I like the ability to dial in the exact parameters on everything.... But I am afraid of it too just for the fact of it having a lot more electronics to mess up.. Hope someone who has one chimes in as well.. Also congrats again on winning Cope....
    Thanks. I did some soul searching and decided that I don't need all the bells and whistles, so I told Dan to just leave my order for the 200SX open.

Miller Model 88 250 amp AC, Miller MM210, Hobart HH187, Longevity Force Cut 42i, Longevity Tigweld 200EX

Images
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Thanks. I did some soul searching and decided that I don't need all the bells and whistles, so I told Dan to just leave my order for the 200SX open.
    Keep things simple and there is less to go wrong. For what it's worth I think you are making the right decision.
    Everlast PowerTIG 200DX AC/DC Pulse Welder - Dual Voltage
    Everlast PowerMTS 250S Synergic MIG/TIG/Stick Welder
    Everlast PowerPlasma 60S Blowback Plasma Cutter
    Everlast SpoolMate-style SM200-N Spool Gun for PowerMTS

Is it OK to want to break something just so that you can weld it back together?

Images
    Thanks
    Simon, any idea when the 200SX will arrive?

Thanks
    Hey guys, I have the 200ex

I did an unboxing video on it
    Longevity 200ex Tig Unboxing & Impressions - YouTube

Few notes about this.
    The argon hose that came with it was too small. (big deal, a few dollars anyway)
    The cable for the foot pedal is kind of short. (Simon said it's ok to cut, solder and extend the wires)
    No grip on the pedal (A $2 fix, and after using it, it's honestly not even noticeable when it's not there)
    Max amperage control is on the foot pedal still.
    Flowmeter is really nice looking!

Quality control sticker! This was a big plus for me to see.

Some tape and 5 minutes of my time and now I have a reference for the amperage

Side by side with the TA 186

The torch. A little on the bulky side, but bareable, the cable is a little heavy, but it could be that my carpel tunnel is getting worse. A great torch upgrade that is a must for any machine is a small 17 torch and ck superflex cable
    12 1 2' WP 17 TIG Welding Torch Weldcraft Compatible Thermal Arc 185 186 USA | eBay
    I'm working on making one for the 160sx and 200sx. So stay tuned for that.

Down to the nitty gritty:
    The unit is pretty similar to the TA186 but with a few major differences.
    Pedal is different, but not a big deal.
    The fan on the longevity is much quieter. The thermal arc fan is pretty obnoxious.
    When you turn off the longevity it turns off, the TA186 has a delay like most welders.
    The TA186 (I FEEL) puts a lot more heat into the part when compared to the longevity.
    Front panel. Easy to navigate once you go through it a few times. It can look intimidating, but it's really not.
    How it welds. In a word = awesome!
    Same rate is much better than the 186 so the arc is smoother when ramping up/down the amperage.
    Argon inlet on the back is a push loc. What a fantastic feature if you have a dedicated argon tank for this machine.

I don't mean to compare to the 186 directly, I'll do that at a later point in time. Just thought I would give you some examples.

You get a LOT of features for the money. I mean a LOT. It's worth it over the 200sx in my opinion.

And to sweeten the pot, email Simon and tell him I sent you for a secret squirrel undisclosed discount.
    Also like I stated in my other post, if anyone is local to me in Chicago, you are more than welcome to come test out any of my equipment. If you guys want to see anything specific on the machine just ask and I'll see what I can do for you.
    Torchmate 2x2 CNC
    Longevity 200ex
    Longevity Forcecut 42i
    Longevity ProMTS200 & Spool gun
    Thermal Arc 186
    Tweco 141i