FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TA thread moved from Longevity Sales and Shipping

Quote Originally Posted by brucer View Post
    I havent spent much time with it yet. I ran a few beads with it on a piece of 1/4" angle and was smiling the whole time, impressive little machine. It kind of reminded me of my old miller252a's soft arc..
    Runs way better than my lincoln 180c. The 211i has a much softer arc.. The spatter is noticeably less with the 211i using the same exact wire, same gas, same gas flow that I was using in the lincoln with about 80% less spatter, all I can guess is the inductance of the 211i is causing less spatter. Beads lay down so much better, smoother and softer, also seems like this welder is on the hot side which is what I experienced with my TA185tig...

I'm still down in my hip and back, as soon as i'm able I'll get some plate and do a burn in on this machine..
    Does it have an inductance setting? Sounds like you are having a great time with it. I can't wait until warmer weather!
    Is it OK to want to break something just so that you can weld it back together?

Quote Originally Posted by undercut View Post
    Does it have an inductance setting? Sounds like you are having a great time with it. I can't wait until warmer weather!
    yes it has an inductance setting, also a preset post flow..

1972 Bridgeport Mill
    Thermal Arc 211i
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Buffalo 4x6 Horizontal Band Saw
    Craftsman Benchtop Drillpress
    Craftsman Bench Grinder
    Craftsman Belt/Disk Sander Combo
    Crafstman Vertical Band Saw

Thumbs up

Brucer, Hope you get to feeling better soon, I know it is no fun to be done in the back and hip region. Yes the arc is softer on this machine. Have you tried it on both the 110 and 220 yet. I find for light guuage sheetmetal the 110 VAC is much nicer arc than whern I run the same guage on 220 VAC.
    Thermal Dynamics 211i multi purpose
    Victor O/A Torch
    HF 80 amp arc welder
    Lincoln tombstone
    Really old and I mean old welder
    Lots of clamps, grinders
    And a desire to lean all I can about welding and fabrication
    Oh forgot I have gotten to use an awsome Longevity multi purpose machine and sweet enigne drive thanks to SIC Fabrications

yes it has an inductance setting, also a preset post flow..
    Nice! I hope you are back on your feet soon too, Brucer, and have fun with your new welder.

Nice! I hope you are back on your feet soon too, Brucer, and have fun with your new welder.
    I'm still down but I can get up and around now.. It still hurts, not near as bad though..

1972 Bridgeport Mill
    Thermal Arc 211i
    Craftsman Bench Grinder

Quote Originally Posted by odleo View Post
    Brucer, Hope you get to feeling better soon, I know it is no fun to be done in the back and hip region. Yes the arc is softer on this machine. Have you tried it on both the 110 and 220 yet. I find for light guuage sheetmetal the 110 VAC is much nicer arc than whern I run the same guage on 220 VAC.
    I havent really been out in the garage much this past week, I went out there and looked at the machine a couple times and wiped the drool off and went back inside.. It's ok, its been pretty cold and snowing here.. Its also given me time to do some research on powder coating and water transfer imaging.

I think I'll be getting around good later this week. I'm gonna take the first part of the week and design me a nice cart for the TA211i..

1972 Bridgeport Mill
    Thermal Arc 211i
    Craftsman Bench Grinder

I havent really been out in the garage much this past week, I went out there and looked at the machine a couple times and wiped the drool off and went back inside.. It's ok, its been pretty cold and snowing here.. Its also given me time to do some research on powder coating and water transfer imaging.

I think I'll be getting around good later this week. I'm gonna take the first part of the week and design me a nice cart for the TA211i..
    Is water transfer imaging where you print out a pattern on a special material, put the material in water so that the image separates from the backing and then raise an object into the image so that it conforms to the object's shape? I saw a show on something like this but am not sure if it was called water transfer imaging or not.

Nice that you are on the mend. Cold weather is a great time for making plans for welding projects. Make sure the cart is a good one to compliment that welder!

Is water transfer imaging where you print out a pattern on a special material, put the material in water so that the image separates from the backing and then raise an object into the image so that it conforms to the object's shape? I saw a show on something like this but am not sure if it was called water transfer imaging or not.
    sorry it took so long to reply, i was fiddling through the forum and just seen it...

Yep thats exactly what the water transfer imaging is.. I bought the pre-printed film and still havent done anything with it, lol

1972 Bridgeport Mill
    Thermal Arc 211i
    Craftsman Bench Grinder