FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
877 - Long - Inc | 877.566.4462

Thread: Migweld 200S

Thanks

Migweld 200S

Had been Looking at getting the 205 , but exploring around the site came across the Migweld 200S unit for $599.99 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

60% Duty cycle at 180 Amps Stick and 60% at 200 amps Mig !!! That's better than a Miller 212 or Lincoln 216 !!!

Simon , What more can you tell about that machine , ( Spool size , flux core capable , stick rod capabilities ) ????

Thank You for your help .

Fred H.
    Last edited by Fredfrom Orygun; 12-23-2012 at 07:06 PM.
    Welder : SP 135 Plus Lincoln Mig
    NEW Longevity MigWeld 200S
    Milwaukee Chop saw
    Off Brand Import 50 amp Plasma Cutter
    60 gal. Home Depot Air Compressor
    Assorted grinders and to many hand tools to list .

New Holland TC30 HST Tractor With some Factory made implements and some homemade

Started Welding ( Arc and Oxy-Acet ) in junior high early '70's , Could never get the hang of gas welding , likely Can't Tig worth a darn either .

www.longevity-inc.com LONGEVITY's Avatar
    Images
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredfrom Orygun View Post
    Had been Looking at getting the 205 , but exploring around the site came across the Migweld 200S unit for $599.99 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

60% Duty cycle at 180 Amps Stick and 60% at 200 amps Mig !!! That's better than a Miller 212 or Lincoln 216 !!!

Simon , What more can you tell about that machine , ( Spool size , flux core capable , stick rod capabilities ) ????

Thank You for your help .

Fred H.
    Hi Fred,

Sorry for the late response. We are not working until next Wednesday, which is well deserved for our staff. As far as the unit, it can do 6011, 6013, 7018 up to 1/8th inch on the stick. Spool size is 11lbs, and it is flux core capable!

Its a great unit!
    Longevity Welding
    Toll-Free Support: 1-510-887-7090 / 1-877-566-4462
    Business Hours: Monday-Friday 8AM to 4PM

Thanks
    Thanks Simon . You and Everybody have a Merry Christmas and BE SAFE if Traveling . I'll be on the road .

Fred H.
    Milwaukee Chop saw

New Holland TC30 HST Tractor With some Factory made implements and some homemade

Started Welding ( Arc and Oxy-Acet ) in junior high early '70's , Could never get the hang of gas welding , likely Can't Tig worth a darn either .

Thanks
    Simon : Does it Require a separate / different type drive roller to run flux core ? My lincoln 135 uses a " Knurled " drive roll for flux core . Regular feed roller works BUT you sure notice a difference with the Knurled roller and how it feed much more positively like when the gun line has a bend in it rather than being straight out .

Fred H
    Milwaukee Chop saw

Interested in this as well.

I'm a field service tech for a Concrete Paving company, and MIG welding in the field more often than not, requires flux core, and portability (It's gotta fit in my service truck cabinet).

Currently running a Northern Industrial MIG/Stick 200a (second one, first one stolen 6/2012 along with $15k of other tools). It's been a great welder, on 4th roll of 10# flux core, but I need more than a 30% duty cycle. Wish I had known about Longevity before I replaced it.

Being able to weld 18ga up to 1/2" in uber confined areas is a weekly event (READ - No room for more than 6" of 7018 rod). Yes I know it's not exactly rated for 1/2" but for what I have to do, it'll hold.

I did some searching around and there is a 20min video on YouTube on an unboxing and test drive. Longevity should pay attention to some of the comments there. It would go a long way towards improving your product.

Points I would agree with -
    Loose the hand held welding shield. Odds are good that if someone is buying one of these, they have a welding helmet.
    Loose the chipping hammer/brush - Odds are good they already have a chipping hammer as well.
    Include a gas regulator/flow meter.
    Improve your instruction packet - and don't put it on top of the packaging, put it inside with the parts.
    Change the design of the spool door to open like the 140 - or at least make it a quick removal/install so nothing happens to it.
    Put a protection tab on the MIG torch to prevent breakage of the extended trigger (I'd cut it off mine just to be safe - rather not have the extended to breaking the entire trigger off in the field).
    Put some sort of numerical value on the dial stickers.

The stick option is a nice feature, but I would venture that buyers are primarily using it for MIG, so the stinger is fine.

Looking forward to a response here, as well as a comment sent on the main "contact us" page. Quite a few questions need answered before I commit. A big one is being able to read the owners/instruction manual first.
    Last edited by Sticks; 01-25-2013 at 05:49 AM.
    Sticks

Field service tech, Concrete Paving company
    "If they break it, we will fix it" - AKA - "Find some scrap and build a new one"

Thanks
    Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters

My Longevity Mig200S

http://www.longevity-inc.com/forum/w...-purchase.html

Three ( 3 ) Threads that I have added to or started on my thoughts / eventual purchase / and use of My Migweld 200S . To Say the Least , I am impressed !!

Fred H
    Milwaukee Chop saw