FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
877 - Long - Inc | 877.566.4462
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Proma Elektronica THC

I understand that slow boat from ____________ (fill in the blank), but actually, Poland got it to the US in about 4 days which I think is outstanding. It's been sitting (possibly) in New York for most of the time. Kind of sucks for both buyer and seller. If it goes too long, I'll have to file a complaint with ebay/paypal to get a refund. I'd explain that it's not the sellers fault, but I am out the money. And all this with tracking proof that a package was sent and is in the US.

Good news/bad news.

I just got an email from the sender and the package has been located! ...and it's back in Poland. Not sure why, but at least I know where it's at.

Quote Originally Posted by urbnsr View Post
    Good news/bad news.

I just got an email from the sender and the package has been located! ...and it's back in Poland. Not sure why, but at least I know where it's at.

well that's kind of good.. Is he resending it to you?

1972 Bridgeport Mill
    Thermal Arc 211i
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Buffalo 4x6 Horizontal Band Saw
    Craftsman Benchtop Drillpress
    Craftsman Bench Grinder
    Craftsman Belt/Disk Sander Combo
    Crafstman Vertical Band Saw

That is kind of good. He offered to resend, but without knowing yet as to why it didn't get here the first time, I asked for a refund. If he offers DHL at no additional cost, I may reconsider. I am also looking for other THC suppliers.

the only other thc i know of that are worth messing with are the candcnc LCTHC and you have to add a 2nd parallel port, so they are $275 plus whatever else you will need.. The only others I would mess with are the texasmicrocircuits and the candcnc and they are $600+..

Eagle Plasma sells the same thing you bought, except for $268..

I started transferring funds into my paypal last night, thinking I'm going to buy one like you ordered from Eagle plasma.

1972 Bridgeport Mill
    Thermal Arc 211i
    Craftsman Bench Grinder

Good luck with another parallel port I tried putting an add-on port to a computer that did not have one and it did not work. I think it may have been the drivers but changed the MB to correct the problem. Shipping from overseas may be an addressing problem (there very different for some countries) or customs could be the hold up. I ship plans for projects overseas and one guy told me he did not trust customs as he though they stole things.

Have fun
    Tom
    Miller Mig
    Everlast Tig/plasma
    HyperTherm PowerMax 65 & Machine torch
    DIY CNC table for plasma/routing CandCNC DTHC-IV Electronics
    metal lathe
    small milling machine
    Powder coating oven
    2 bead rollers
    small shop
    ect, ect

I see now that Eagle Plasma sells them for $268 on ebay. Thanks. I think their website was at $300 which was part of the reason I went with the Poland seller. I didn't find Eagle Plasma's ebay listing until the link was posted to this thread. And with the "make an offer" deal, that was why. Now I know more. I'm not sure how Mach does things, but Tom is right that if you have two to three inputs available on a single parallel port, that should work. It would with Linuxcnc anyways. Only two inputs would be needed if you already configured an ARC-OK input. I happen to have two parallel ports and two BOBs. I added the second set because of also setting up a scribe which would need at least one more output just for that plus wanting to wire up separate limit and home switches some day.

My Linuxcnc configuration seems to be ready (finally!!) for some type of THC up/down setup. I can move the Z axis in correction mode very quickly so I think it will all come down to how fast the thc will respond to voltage changes. Time will tell. As soon as I see a refund, I will attempt Eagle Plasma, possibly.

I have an update on the Proma Compact thc..

I talked to the guy at Eagle for a bit about the thc, he said they have been reliable and they do exactly what they are suppose to do.. He said they arent as finely detailed as the high end pieces but they do exactly what they are suppose to.. I asked about the constant velocity and he said it was controlled though mach3, and I also asked about if it jerks the z axis, he said if your z axis is set to a ridiculous speed it would retract and such as fast as what your z axis was set at, he said it didnt effect it as it doesn tretract large increments at a time..

He said they are good enough for him to use on the cnc tables that he makes, and that if they werent good enough he simply wouldnt sell them or use them himself..

We will see..
    Last edited by brucer; 05-30-2013 at 03:17 PM.

1972 Bridgeport Mill
    Thermal Arc 211i
    Craftsman Bench Grinder

Does anyone have any photo's or information to hook up a Proma150 to my Forcecut 80i

Quote Originally Posted by Mrlarrycop View Post
    Does anyone have any photo's or information to hook up a Proma150 to my Forcecut 80i
    Ok here is what I did now remember this is about 4 years ago, and I don't know if Longevity made any changes to the 80I.
    I hooked up the Proma just as it is shown in the manual using the Raw Voltage from the 80I torch and return leads. I had to go into the 80I and connect directly to the front panel connectors for the return and torch I ran 2 wires out. And built a small box for the Proma which I attached to the side of the 80I. the output signals from the proma went to the BOB inputs for Arc OK and up/down. If memory serves me right I think I set the Proma at about 110 volts on the display for most cutting.
    I cannot access the images I have showing the 80I and the proma box at this time

have fun
    tom
    Miller Mig
    Everlast Tig/plasma
    HyperTherm PowerMax 65 & Machine torch
    DIY CNC table for plasma/routing CandCNC DTHC-IV Electronics
    metal lathe
    small milling machine
    Powder coating oven
    2 bead rollers
    small shop
    ect, ect