FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY

Thread: Chatbox Area

Chatbox Area

Didn't we at one time have a chat box area where you could meet up with others that were online and carry on "conversations" in real time??? I can't seem to find it now and starting to question myself as to whether or not it existed OR if it was just in my imagination OR if it was another forum I'm on...

Anyhow, if there is one I would like to know how to find it so we could utilize it. I know the "chats" wouldn't likely be archiveable, searchable, or whatever but I think it would make trouble shooting, and guided assistance easier to take place because it would be almost instant and like a "conversation" rather than post and wait for someone to log on and reply.

I know the chatroom on IforgeIron website is REALLY nice and is an asset to someone like me who is a beginner at learning the forging arts and makes it EASY to obtain advice and garner knowledge.
    Just Sensible Concepts
    *Longevity Weldall 160PI (technically it's not mine but it is on MY inventory for my shop at work)
    Lincoln Weldanpower 200
    Lincoln Pro Mig 180
    Lincoln AC225

It's at the very bottom of the main page of the forum.
    Scott
    Lincoln 135
    HTP 221 DV

Quote Originally Posted by BucketObolts View Post
    It's at the very bottom of the main page of the forum.
    That is just a general forum section that is for chit chat or "off topic" type threads not the same thing I'm referencing.... What I'm talking about is like a chat room that opens up a pop up window when you enter and it posts what you type as you type it without you having to "post new thread," "post reply," or "quick reply" button clicking.
    Just Sensible Concepts
    *Longevity Weldall 160PI (technically it's not mine but it is on MY inventory for my shop at work)
    Lincoln Weldanpower 200
    Lincoln Pro Mig 180
    Lincoln AC225

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesman View Post
    That is just a general forum section that is for chit chat or "off topic" type threads not the same thing I'm referencing.... What I'm talking about is like a chat room that opens up a pop up window when you enter and it posts what you type as you type it without you having to "post new thread," "post reply," or "quick reply" button clicking.
    It's below that. Right above where some pictures are posted. it does not get much action.
    It's titled chat box.
    Scott
    Lincoln 135
    HTP 221 DV

Thanks man, I just found it. I knew I thought I had seen one somewhere on here before. I thought it had gotten lost or something. Is there anyway you can tell who is online when you go into the chatbox? I haven't figured that out yet.
    Just Sensible Concepts
    Lincoln Weldanpower 200
    Lincoln Pro Mig 180
    Lincoln AC225

Just below the chat box and random images is the section called What's Going On, you can see who is online there.
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw