FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stick Welding Electrodes

I'm using a field test model of the PowerTIG 185 AC/DC welder shown here:

Tig Welder Demo

I'm loving every minute I use it. Unfortunately, my welding season is currently on hiatus as I wait for drier weather .... The one I have has been modified to support stick welding and does it really well but the welder really shines when TIG'ing. Having the AC frequency tunable to above 120Hz really allows the arc to sharpen up and become directional. Hope this helps, cheers!
    Is it OK to want to break something just so that you can weld it back together?

That's what I figured you had. I don't understand why Everlast didn't market it as a combo machine in the first place.
    4T or not 4T, that is the question.

Miller Model 88 250 amp AC, Miller MM210, Hobart HH187, Longevity Force Cut 42i, Longevity Tigweld 200EX

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    That's what I figured you had. I don't understand why Everlast didn't market it as a combo machine in the first place.
    I suspect they wanted to aim it directly at the Miller Diversion 180. Very similar specs but at more than $1000 less.

I noticed late last night that Everlast had released details on most(?) of their new 2013 models. My field test model was probably one of the prototypes leading up to this point. The Everlast PowerTIG now has full stick capability out of the box yet retains its huge range for AC balance and AC frequency controls. Also has lift TIG start in addition to HF start for those working around sensitive electronics but now I'm rambling ..... LOL
    Is it OK to want to break something just so that you can weld it back together?

Quote Originally Posted by undercut View Post
    I've got some Lincoln Electric 7018s. Apparently some people in this forum don't like these Excaliburs much.

I didn't read that thread until after I had already purchased them. Some other forums have people who love them and that is why I bought them. I haven't had a chance to use them yet. They need to be kept dry.
    nice one i will also go for this

Quote Originally Posted by undercut View Post
    I needed to complement my 1/16" 6013 with a 70xx series electrode so I bought these Harbor Freight electrodes on sale.

t

These are 7014s. The arc is really, really smooth. The puddle, however, is tough to see because of all of the flux swimming around. Proper technique is a must to ensure the flux is pushed out of the puddle. On the plus side, the slag is really easy to remove.
    thats good can you also give me ideas about the stick which should i use