FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Longevity tigweld 200 ex digital acdc tig stick pulse welder 200 amp welding machine

Nadda. Fortunately for me, it was sunny outside so finished up my two outstanding projects. Still need some clear days to paint, though.
    Is it OK to want to break something just so that you can weld it back together?

Wow I do most of my projects during the winter. I wouldn't get much done if I had to wait for sunny daysnin Illinois.
    HTP Mig 2400
    HTP Microcut 625
    Longevity Tigweld200
    Hubangus blast cabinet
    Enco Mill
    O/A torch setup
    PT105 Bender
    Notchmaster
    4X6 bandsaw
    Portaband
    30T press
    Enco 50" slip roller

LOL. Yeah, I gotta figure something out. Been thinking about covering an area. Need to ensure all water drains around it so that I have a dry spot to work in. The other issue is running my extension cord so that it doesn't get wet either. On the positive side, with my cart, I can get in and out so much faster now so I can take advantage of the time I've got more effectively.

I ran a natural gas line to my garage just before winter last year. It was kind of expensive to run but now I have cheap, easy heat. I have a switch on the thermostat so I can be sure the furnace won't fire when I'm not in the garage. Just run out and flip the switch and go back inside for a few minutes. Then it's warm and toasty when I head out to work there. If I really wanted to get creative I could put the switch in the house and just flip it without even going to the garage. I ran extra wires for such a thing when I put the internet and TV antenna line in. (my treadmill is in the garage in a sealed room so that's my entertainment when running there)
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw

I leave my garage thermostat set at 42* all winter. It keeps water from seeping through the concrete during t he melts and kept the weld cooler from freezing when I ran one.
    HTP Mig 2400
    HTP Microcut 625
    Longevity Tigweld200
    Hubangus blast cabinet
    Enco Mill
    O/A torch setup
    PT105 Bender
    Notchmaster
    4X6 bandsaw
    Portaband
    30T press
    Enco 50" slip roller

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget View Post
    I ran a natural gas line to my garage just before winter last year. It was kind of expensive to run but now I have cheap, easy heat. I have a switch on the thermostat so I can be sure the furnace won't fire when I'm not in the garage. Just run out and flip the switch and go back inside for a few minutes. Then it's warm and toasty when I head out to work there. If I really wanted to get creative I could put the switch in the house and just flip it without even going to the garage. I ran extra wires for such a thing when I put the internet and TV antenna line in. (my treadmill is in the garage in a sealed room so that's my entertainment when running there)
    That's a pretty nice setup. Always nice to think ahead and have some wires run "just in case". Man do I wish I had a work shed or something ....

Only problem with my current heated garage is the height of the door. I have to keep a set of small wheels and tires just so I can fit my cj in the garage. It's only 6' high. My garage in AZ has a 7' door -I can't wait to get moved into that place. No heater necessary!
    HTP Mig 2400
    HTP Microcut 625
    Longevity Tigweld200
    Hubangus blast cabinet
    Enco Mill
    O/A torch setup
    PT105 Bender
    Notchmaster
    4X6 bandsaw
    Portaband
    30T press
    Enco 50" slip roller

When are you planning to move out there? Kind of a pain to be forced to use smaller wheels just so that you can park your jeep!

Current plan is March but it could be in the summer or even the summer after. It's all up in the air. That jeep will be moved out there this year regardless however so I will not need the second set of wheels and tires after that. Yes, it is a major pain!
    HTP Mig 2400
    HTP Microcut 625
    Longevity Tigweld200
    Hubangus blast cabinet
    Enco Mill
    O/A torch setup
    PT105 Bender
    Notchmaster
    4X6 bandsaw
    Portaband
    30T press
    Enco 50" slip roller

Oh! I didn't realize the time wasn't set yet. For some reason I thought it was imminent. I'm sure me and some of the other guys on the forum can "house sit" for you until you move in ....