FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: My Review Of My Safety Equipment

Yeah, I hated having it fog up but if I can close off the leak, it'll be fine. I adjusted it half way through. Can't remember if the problem went away. I'll have to pay more attention and ensure I've got it on properly. With glasses on, I need to ensure everything is just right.
    Is it OK to want to break something just so that you can weld it back together?

Quote Originally Posted by undercut View Post
    I found this picture of some random person on the Internet.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/0NVVqy0mpFI/0.jpg

If you are the copyright holder of this image, please let me know and I'll have the forum moderators remove it at once!

I like his leathers as you've got the entire arms protected, can button it up to stop stuff falling in behind the apron and of course, the apron itself. The best part, though, is that you can have something thin on under it to help keep you cool and not have any heavy stuff right up against your skin. The leathers can be a bit loose to let some air flow in and still provide 100% coverage to the areas most subjected to hot bits.

Hey, I think the link you posted is Kevin Caron's video and have seen it in youtube. I have followed most of his very informative videos, I find this guy very practical and very sensible too, well I guess I am biased for artist or a metal artist for that matter. I think he is also a member of this great forum !!!

Maybe you could send him a PM, tell him you posted one of his videos and I think it will be ok for him since it is being posted for good use.

Why, yes. It does look a lot like Kevin! What a coincidence!

OK. I just read the thread about a (new) fine grinder disk exploding before it even touched the work surface. I figured I should update my safety equipment thread to include the fact that I've modified my welding helmet to include a grinding mode. It used to darken sporadically when it was subjected to grinding sparks so it was unusable for grinding previously. Feeling a lot better having my whole face covered. Don't want any metal slivers finding their way to my face let alone those exploding grinder disks.

Quote Originally Posted by 87slosohc View Post
    In for this thread!

Things I still need to do
    -get some long sleeve 100% cotton shirts
    -Kind of want a tig finger
    -upgrade my hf helmet and gloves
    If you don't go for the leather sleeves and opt for the cotton ones, make sure they are thicker type if you do any stick welding.

I'm seriously considering getting a TIG finger too. Partially just to show my appreciation for the great things Jody's doing on welding tips and tricks webpages.

I'm pretty happy with my HF helmet. After I did the battery conversion, it will auto dark immediately even if it has been stored in the dark for a long time.

I do need new gloves though. I wonder what Simon's gloves will look like when they come in.