FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My Review Of My Safety Equipment

I found this picture of some random person on the Internet.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/0NVVqy0mpFI/0.jpg

If you are the copyright holder of this image, please let me know and I'll have the forum moderators remove it at once!

I like his leathers as you've got the entire arms protected, can button it up to stop stuff falling in behind the apron and of course, the apron itself. The best part, though, is that you can have something thin on under it to help keep you cool and not have any heavy stuff right up against your skin. The leathers can be a bit loose to let some air flow in and still provide 100% coverage to the areas most subjected to hot bits.
    Is it OK to want to break something just so that you can weld it back together?

He looks strangely familiar.
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget View Post
    He looks strangely familiar.
    Kinda looks like Kevin.
    Scott
    Lincoln 135
    HTP 221 DV

Just some anonymous picture I found on the Net ....

What size are your wrists? I've seen the reviews about the sleeves being small but my local stores are always out of them so i cant even try a set on. My wrists are about 7.75"s around where you'd wear a watch.
    Tyler

HH140
    lincoln buzzbox

Quote Originally Posted by 87slosohc View Post
    What size are your wrists? I've seen the reviews about the sleeves being small but my local stores are always out of them so i cant even try a set on. My wrists are about 7.75"s around where you'd wear a watch.
    I've got pretty skinny wrists - about 6.75".

Quote Originally Posted by BucketObolts View Post
    Kinda looks like Kevin.
    Yeah, that's what I was hinting at.
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw

Honestly guys, just a random photo. Actually, the first one I found had some kind of weird reflection of the flash off of his eyes and spooked me right out. Too bad because it was a pretty good picture of his leathers.

Got myself a filter mask:

Used today as it was clear out!!!

I can still wear it under my welding mask. It has a bit of air restriction but I quickly got used to it and didn't notice it after a couple of minutes. What I really didn't like was that even though it sealed fairly well to my face, sometimes when I exhaled the humid air would fog up either my glasses or my welding helmet. Fortunately, having a fan behind me allowed me to change my position slightly and I could get a cool breeze to clear the fogginess. Other than that annoyance, I'm going to continue to use it.

Just my opinion but I'd have to be welding something really toxic to wear something that might cause my lens to fog. Words cannot express how much I hate that.
    HTP Mig 2400
    HTP Microcut 625
    Longevity Tigweld200
    Hubangus blast cabinet
    Enco Mill
    O/A torch setup
    PT105 Bender
    Notchmaster
    4X6 bandsaw
    Portaband
    30T press
    Enco 50" slip roller