FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Viking 3350?

Viking 3350?

Anyone here use one? How do you like it compared to others you've used?

Welding Helmets - Viking 3350 | Lincoln Electric

Can get one for $200 shipped so preferably ones in that price range or with the same size viewing area for comparison.

Currently have only used a miller elite and hf helmets.
    Tyler

HH140
    lincoln buzzbox

I haven't heard anything about that particular helmet. I've seen some really positive things about the Jackson W60 Truesight. It's got a yellowish filter instead of the traditional green. Apparently it makes the arc, puddle and weld easier to see. I think it is quite a bit more expensive than $200 shipped though.

Out of curiosity, how does your miller elite and the hf helmet compare? I've got the "blue flame" hf helmet but have not used anything else. Hard to know what I'm missing (outside of larger viewing area, 4 sensors, etc).
    Is it OK to want to break something just so that you can weld it back together?

That one doesn't look that bad around $300. I like that it uses aaa batteries and the viewable lens is a little bigger.

With the elite I didn't have to blink right as I was striking and was easier to control the weld(bigger lens). Also liked that it had a plasma and grinding mode. It's actually a buddies I borrowed when I first bought my mig.
    Tyler

HH140
    lincoln buzzbox

Quote Originally Posted by 87slosohc View Post
    That one doesn't look that bad around $300. I like that it uses aaa batteries and the viewable lens is a little bigger.

With the elite I didn't have to blink right as I was striking and was easier to control the weld(bigger lens). Also liked that it had a plasma and grinding mode. It's actually a buddies I borrowed when I first bought my mig.
    The thing I've read that people really like about the Jackson is the color transmission through the filter. If the price isn't too high, you might want to check it out.

I'm not sure I'd like grinding looking through a darkened viewport. Plasma mode would be good.

Hmmm tough decision eventually.

Does the green background color of the everlast forum mess with anyone else's eyes when you look away from the page for a second? I always forget about it when they come up in a google search.
    Tyler

HH140
    lincoln buzzbox

I have one and love it! But mine only has 2 sensors vs. the 4 in the link. Maybe mine is not the same model.
    But I do love the hood! Good head gear, light weight. I'd buy again if needed.
    Scott
    Lincoln 135
    HTP 221 DV

Quote Originally Posted by BucketObolts View Post
    I have one and love it! But mine only has 2 sensors vs. the 4 in the link. Maybe mine is not the same model.
    But I do love the hood! Good head gear, light weight. I'd buy again if needed.
    You are sooo lucky! Buying one for me would mean I wouldn't be able to eat for a month. Not sure I could do that. I've already committed to eating at McDonalds on Monday ....

Maybe one day but for now, HF blue flames.

Just looked the smaller viewing lens model only has two arc sensors. How long has the battery lasted so far?
    Tyler

HH140
    lincoln buzzbox