FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY

Thread: E-MachineShop

E-MachineShop

I downloaded the program @ CNC Machine Shop | Custom Waterjet, Plasma, Laser Cutting | eMachineShop.com & decided to try it out last night, I have minimal computer/cad skills so a friend helped me get rolling. For the money (FREE) it is quite impressive/useful/easy to use I played around with making bolt hole patterns which is a bit time consuming on this program but you can do it.

After designing/drawing my test piece I exported it to Lazy Cam & then loaded the G code into Mach3 & watched it run the part in simulator.

Fairly cool for free. It will not show the dimensions though but that can be added after the fact in any word/drawing program like paint.

If I want I can take the finished drawing after putting it in Lazy Cam then take it to where I'm laid off from and make the part there.
    Millermatic 140
    Thermodynamics 190C plasma cutter
    Plasma Trace (custom built by me)
    Victor O/A torch HVAC size
    Craftsman 15" floor model drill press
    Craftsman 6" metal lathe
    Wilton horizontal band saw
    Porter Cable 60 gallon compressor
    Clarke parts washer
    Craftsman 10" table saw
    Ryobi 8 1/2" sliding miter saw
    Homemade bench top english wheel
    Homemade plannishing hammer
    Tons of hand power tools
    1500 sq ft shop
    & an over active imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Charley Davidson View Post
    I downloaded the program @ CNC Machine Shop | Custom Waterjet, Plasma, Laser Cutting | eMachineShop.com & decided to try it out last night, I have minimal computer/cad skills so a friend helped me get rolling. For the money (FREE) it is quite impressive/useful/easy to use I played around with making bolt hole patterns which is a bit time consuming on this program but you can do it.

After designing/drawing my test piece I exported it to Lazy Cam & then loaded the G code into Mach3 & watched it run the part in simulator.

Fairly cool for free. It will not show the dimensions though but that can be added after the fact in any word/drawing program like paint.

If I want I can take the finished drawing after putting it in Lazy Cam then take it to where I'm laid off from and make the part there.
    Pretty cool ... have to check that program out at some point. Thanks for the link!
    Is it OK to want to break something just so that you can weld it back together?

Entertaining to think that what we can do now for free used to cost more than a year or three of mortgage payments to even have access too.
    Full hand tool assortment, collecting sheet metal hammers/dollies, more time than money.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Entertaining to think that what we can do now for free used to cost more than a year or three of mortgage payments to even have access too.
    It is unreal. Every now and then I try to remember what life was like before the Internet. You know, no instant access to instruction manuals, repair manuals, repair parts, forums, how-to's, DIY, freeware, open source, etc. Keeps me humble and grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by undercut View Post
    It is unreal. Every now and then I try to remember what life was like before the Internet. You know, no instant access to instruction manuals, repair manuals, repair parts, forums, how-to's, DIY, freeware, open source, etc. Keeps me humble and grateful.
    Boy ,Do I hear ya
    Longevity 200DX
    Enco Mill
    DoALL 13 lathe
    Belt sander
    drill press
    Automotive lift

Quote Originally Posted by Retired View Post
    Boy ,Do I hear ya
    Back in the 80's, people would connect to forums using dial up. No graphics, no pictures, just text. Prior to that, you actually had to MEET people to share ideas in user groups! Gee, get out of my comfy chair?? LOL