FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
877 - Long - Inc | 877.566.4462
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Les Paul Guitar

Seriously cool.

I have absolutely no talent for art, but I recognize good art when I see it, and this is good!
    "Genius is one per cent inspiration and ninety-nine per cent perspiration. Accordingly, a 'genius' is often merely a talented person who has done all of his or her homework." Thomas Alva Edison

The buyer picked it up last night. He was really stoked!
    Scott
    Lincoln 135
    HTP 221 DV

Quote Originally Posted by BucketObolts View Post
    The buyer picked it up last night. He was really stoked!
    So did the buyer approach you with the idea or did you create it and found a buyer? Just curious how this particular one played.
    Is it OK to want to break something just so that you can weld it back together?

He is a friend of my sister-in-laws. She has a number of my pieces from birthdays and Christmas around her house. So he asked if I could build it. I would have never thought of building one.

Quote Originally Posted by undercut View Post
    So did the buyer approach you with the idea or did you create it and found a buyer? Just curious how this particular one played.
    Scott
    Lincoln 135
    HTP 221 DV

I'd be pretty stoked about getting this piece in my hands too!

I've latched onto a bunch of tig videos on the net at:

Tig - welding-tv.com

Whole slew of neat videos. If you are looking at TIG for these creations, I don't think 110v is going to be a limitation.

... and embed an MP3 player inside the next one ... LOL!
    $50 Ipod nano off Craigslist.... I have a feeling that'd E-Bay for some very decent coin.
    Full hand tool assortment, collecting sheet metal hammers/dollies, more time than money.

Thanks for the link.

I don't think 110V will be a limit ether for what I do. Seems like many run 220V so I have not had any feed back on the 110V.

I'd be pretty stoked about getting this piece in my hands too!

I've latched onto a bunch of tig videos on the net at:

Tig - welding-tv.com

Whole slew of neat videos. If you are looking at TIG for these creations, I don't think 110v is going to be a limitation.
    Scott
    Lincoln 135
    HTP 221 DV

Quote Originally Posted by BucketObolts View Post
    Thanks for the link. I don't think 110V will be a limit ether for what I do. Seems like many run 220V so I have not had any feed back on the 110V.
    I bought a dryer plug the other day in anticipation of going the the 220v dark side. The missus doesn't know of my plans yet .... I need to run an extension cord anyway to where I do my stuff so if 220v is accessible to me, I'm going to tap into more juice.

I bought a dryer plug the other day in anticipation of going the the 220v dark side. The missus doesn't know of my plans yet .... I need to run an extension cord anyway to where I do my stuff so if 220v is accessible to me, I'm going to tap into more juice.
    I like it... just remember that taking away her drier may leave you with dirty socks!!!
    Chris

HF 110 flux core welder
    Grinders
    Drill Press

Previously used:

Miller Dynasty, TIG and Stick
    Lincon MIG
    Victor Torches
    Bader Belt Grinder/ Sander
    Various Breaks, Benders, Sanders, Grinders
    Miller ThunderBolt AC/DC Stick Welder
    Craftsman AC Stick welder

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcreation View Post
    I like it... just remember that taking away her drier may leave you with dirty socks!!!
    Yeah, I know. The day of reckoning will come soon. I've got some welding projects coming up so I need a welder in my hands and access to the coveted plug. Need to play "let's make a deal" or maybe ply her with liquor ....