FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LONGEVITY TIGWELD 160 SX 160 AMP AC DC TIG STICK WELDER DUAL VOLTAGE 110v/220v

LONGEVITY TIGWELD 160 SX 160 AMP AC DC TIG STICK WELDER DUAL VOLTAGE 110v/220v

Hi Guys,

I am very excited to introduce a new TIG welder to the LONGEVITY line. The TIGWELD 160 SX is simple to use, does not have all the bells and whistles as our 200 DX line, but will lay down some excellent welds! It is lightweight, portable, and capable of 110v and 220v TIG welding. I have attached the PDF specs on this model and also a video done by Tim Robel!

Spec Sheet: TigWeld_160SX.pdf
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by LONGEVITY; 05-29-2012 at 02:46 PM.
    Longevity Welding
    Toll-Free Support: 1-510-887-7090 / 1-877-566-4462
    Business Hours: Monday-Friday 8AM to 4PM

Sounds like a fantastic unit! I've got a (very) restricted budget so I know I'm going to regret asking this but .... what's the availability and what is the list price?
    Is it OK to want to break something just so that you can weld it back together?

Quote Originally Posted by undercut View Post
    Sounds like a fantastic unit! I've got a (very) restricted budget so I know I'm going to regret asking this but .... what's the availability and what is the list price?
    Thanks! They are very nice models. In stock and ready to ship. Priced at $649.99 + shipping. If you wish to order one, give us a call at 877-566-4462

Thanks
    Longevity Welding

Looks realy cool!!
    keith
    The older the Boys, the more expensive the TOYS
    Previously Owned equipment;
    lot's
    Current equipment;
    3HP Speedair air compressor, Wilton drill press, Craftsman 10x36 lathe, 10 ton hydrolic press, Portaband band saw, OA torch, Small home brew CNC machine, powered by my 200PI
    2 Longevity autodarking helmets
    160d MIG
    WeldAll 200PI

Very nice addition to the line Simon.
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw

what is the wacked out connector for the tig torch ? must be a china thing cause no one else big name uses that connector along with torch manufacturers
    really dont see why you dont use the 7/8 14 lh thread for water cooled
    or the 5/8s for the air cooled like the rest of the industry or a simple dinse connector for the tig torch output
    Ground should say work lead well actually it should say positive and negative on the respectable terminals
    the stick terminal seems to be on the negative side but yet alot of Electrodes are ran on DCEP yet to give more confusion to the beginning welder with them thinking they dont need to switch polarities
    Ahp 200x tig acdc
    forcecut 42i
    Miller xmt350
    Lincoln LN-25
    Victor oxy/acetylene/
    Bunch of tools of the trade to much to list
    http://instagram.com/weldor_wes/

Quote Originally Posted by WookieWelding View Post
    what is the wacked out connector for the tig torch ? must be a china thing cause no one else big name uses that connector along with torch manufacturers
    really dont see why you dont use the 7/8 14 lh thread for water cooled
    or the 5/8s for the air cooled like the rest of the industry or a simple dinse connector for the tig torch output
    Ground should say work lead well actually it should say positive and negative on the respectable terminals
    the stick terminal seems to be on the negative side but yet alot of Electrodes are ran on DCEP yet to give more confusion to the beginning welder with them thinking they dont need to switch polarities
    Agreed! I have sent this to the design team and factory. This was our first go at this model, it welds well and will remain in the LONGEVITY lineup! The connectors can be an easy swap in the future if you wish to upgrade.
    Longevity Welding

Yup, I regret asking the question. Definitely out of my wallet's grasp. So why do the exciting tools have to cost more?

Hi Simon,

This model is really beginning to grow on me .... Is there a copy of the user manual I can read? Does this unit utilize IGBT? Do the units currently selling have the "industry standard" connectors that WookieWelding mentioned? I noticed that the web page on this product states max 160A for stick 220v but the PDF states 140A for stick 220v. Which is correct?

Thanks!

Sorry, one more question. What is the AC frequency used when AC TIG welding? I'm sure others in the forum interested in this unit might be interested in the answers to these questions too! Cheers!