FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY

Thread: looking for work,skill and tools I have.

looking for work,skill and tools I have.

Rig Welder.Just bought my own rig its ready for everything.Carbon arcing,aluminum,stainless.So I,ve been working on the fishing boats when they come back from Alaska,I,m north of Seattle by the way.But when there out fishing for the season its dry,Im trying to market myself.Will travel a few months out of the yr,im only 40 so i still can.6g pipe certed,structural wire and stick unlimited.also weld aluminum with the spool gun,im equipped with that as well.Pipe line job would be good.Any feed back appreciated.

I Know Stan (SICFabrications) is looking for some good help. I think he's down in Arkansas so it would involve some travel. Send him a PM, he might put you to work.
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw

Well thanks for that.Do they use Rig Welders like myself?

ratt, we do use rig hands.... the latest job that i needed a single hand is comign to a close in about 2 weeks.... i doubt you would make enough to pay for fuel and room n board in 2 weeks traveling that far.... i will tell you that north and south dakota has blown off the fliipin map with single and double hands and a rig.... its 798 pipeliner doing that one... up around pittsburgh in penn is also about the same, but its all non-union. there is about 90 miles of 20 inch mainline getttin laid in north arkansas (gas lines) sweat tents and dual op. (tig root and stick out)

what ive got going is strutting a bunch of bars in a bar joist roof.... me and 3 of my guys are putting down average 115 pounds of 5/32 HYP+ rods a day (yeah, we have a screwed up engineer on this job)
    Torchmate 5 x 10 custom built CNC table
    6 (each) Thermadyne 252i mig/ stick/ tig
    Thermal Dynamics a-60 automated cutter
    Thermal cutmaster 52 handheld cutter
    '07 pro300 miller
    '08 275 trailblazer miller
    '99 250 trailblazer
    12vs extreme suitcase feeder
    2 (each) xr-a 50 foot push-pull feeders (for aluminum mig)
    800 ton break
    400 ton shear
    MM350p
    xmt 304
    (do i REALLY need to keep going?)

nothing fancy, just a few hot glue guns for metal

www.sicfabrications.com

Listen to SICFab and head to North Dakota. Things are going gangbusters there right now and the money is decent. The down side is there isn't a whole lot to do there, unless you like to hunt, fish, and drink.
    Equipment Owned:
    Longevity Weld All 200PI
    Lincoln Electric Weld-All 175HD
    Harbor Freight Easy MIG 100 (yes it is a cheapie but works OK)
    Harbor Freight Compact Bender with scroll attachment
    Harbor Freight Tubing Roller
    Harbor Freight 4X6 Bandsaw
    Campbell Hausfield 60 gallon compressor
    Oh heck, I have too much stuff to list!
    Firing