FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Recent posting issues

Thanks for looking into it, somehow its fixed now, but for the last 3 weeks even in advanced mode
    i had no edit capabilities, no smilies, no spell check, in reg or advanced mode, but all seems to be working fine now
    10x36 Atlas W/QC
    Miller Maxstar 200
    ran out of garage
    space years ago
    Cheers

Good to hear things are working now. Pretty frustrating when things don't work as they should!
    Is it OK to want to break something just so that you can weld it back together?

Quote Originally Posted by undercut View Post
    Good to hear things are working now. Pretty frustrating when things don't work as they should!
    Indeed, there seems to be a rash of that going on everywhere, just trying to keep my head low
    and stay out of target range LOL This to shall Pass.
    10x36 Atlas W/QC
    Miller Maxstar 200
    ran out of garage
    space years ago
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Stew D Baker View Post
    Indeed, there seems to be a rash of that going on everywhere, just trying to keep my head low
    and stay out of target range LOL This to shall Pass.
    Somethings are a lot harder to fix than others. Some are so tough it's like passing a peach pit .... Sorry, I couldn't resist! LOL
    Is it OK to want to break something just so that you can weld it back together?

Quote Originally Posted by undercut View Post
    Somethings are a lot harder to fix than others. Some are so tough it's like passing a peach pit .... Sorry, I couldn't resist! LOL
    LMAO to bad there isn't a smiley for that, I like using them as it helps to break tension
    10x36 Atlas W/QC
    Miller Maxstar 200
    ran out of garage
    space years ago
    Cheers

I dont know if this is related but for the last 2 to 3 days when I go to the forum I get a "Trojan Horse" warning from my virus checker. I use avast pro, and its updated. Funny thing is I dont get it on second and third times I visit, just the first.
    cmoses2

Quote Originally Posted by cmoses2 View Post
    I dont know if this is related but for the last 2 to 3 days when I go to the forum I get a "Trojan Horse" warning from my virus checker. I use avast pro, and its updated. Funny thing is I dont get it on second and third times I visit, just the first.
    cmoses2
    I sent your message to the developers to check it out. I haven't gotten any virus messages on any of my computers though. Try clearing your temporary internet files and go back to the forum, let me know if you still get the message.
    Dan
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget View Post
    I sent your message to the developers to check it out. I haven't gotten any virus messages on any of my computers though. Try clearing your temporary internet files and go back to the forum, let me know if you still get the message.
    Dan
    Dan:
    Just tried it and on this machine that fixed it. I'll try my laptop tonight and if that works then clearing the cache did indeed alleviate problem.
    cm2

Cool, glad that helped.
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget View Post
    Dan
    Ok I came back in and went to the forum on the same machine I cleaned earlier (and it worked). But i got the trojan horse warning again, darned if it doesnt seem like every other time I come here. I use Mozilla....maybe I'll run with IE a while to see what happens.
    cm2