FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY

Thread: O Rly?

O Rly?

So then....

Understand that I have close friends that drift professionally. (CTS-V factory backed drift team) Let's assume I drag race / road race / drift personally on a better than national basis. (We're talking $500k annual investment on the very low end...)

Why should I be here?

Just wondering...
    Full hand tool assortment, collecting sheet metal hammers/dollies, more time than money.

interesting
    Ahp 200x tig acdc
    forcecut 42i
    Miller xmt350
    Lincoln LN-25
    Victor oxy/acetylene/
    Bunch of tools of the trade to much to list
    http://instagram.com/weldor_wes/

Sounds like you are asking yourself a question and waiting for an answer.
    Am I missing something?
    Guy

Miller Syncrowave 250 DX
    Millermatic Challenger Mig
    Century 230/140 amp AC/DC Stick
    DeVilbiss 6Hp 60Gal.
    HF Horizontal/Vertical Bandsaw
    HF 6in. Belt 9in. Disc Sander
    HF pipe bender
    HF tubing roller
    Springfield machine tool co. 14X40 lathe

Quote Originally Posted by gilly View Post
    Sounds like you are asking yourself a question and waiting for an answer.
    Am I missing something?
    No worries. I went to edit that one, as it seemed more than a bit catty. Ran out of time, as a few beers had gotten in the way.

I do believe the intention at the time was to spur some actual motorsports development talk, and maybe wind up with a few sponsored build threads to follow. (And this is of course a hazy guess...)

Then again, I might have just been busy making an ass of myself.

*Puts the beer down and waves*
    Full hand tool assortment, collecting sheet metal hammers/dollies, more time than money.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    No worries. I went to edit that one, as it seemed more than a bit catty. Ran out of time, as a few beers had gotten in the way.
    Longevity has fixed that, They changed the edit time from 5 min. to 30 min.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Then again, I might have just been busy making an ass of myself.
    You mean like me sitting at the bar all day chugging down draft beer, with all my drunk friends. Puke up what seems to be pure beer on the bar, wipe it up with the bar rag and wring it out back into my glass.

Not as bad as big Jim Lynn that day. Got up from his bar stool, walked over to the cigarette machine. Pulled on it and swung it around like it was a door and proceeded to take a whiz thinking he was in the restroom.

Now, what was the reason again, I quit drinking back in 1978.

Seriously Nick, you have been MIA for a while now. Really enjoy your posts. Spit coffee all over the monitor more than once, pretty funny stuff.

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Meant to ask you, what is a drift team.
    Last edited by Nicholas; 11-19-2011 at 05:35 PM.
    Longevity Force Cut LP-50D Plasma Cutter
    Lincoln SP170T Mig Welder
    Miller 330 A/B/SP Tig Welder
    Miller Two Fifty Twin AC/DC Stick Welder
    Oxy/Acetylene Rig
    Arcair gouging torch

Roger that.
    Cheers,
    Art R.

Longevity LS200-PI multi-purpose cutter/welder,
    Miller 180 Auto-Set MIG,
    Custom 5hp compressor,

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
    Longevity has fixed that, They changed the edit time from 5 min. to 30 min.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Nowhere near the "Sleep it off Time" requred.

You mean like me sitting at the bar all day chugging down draft beer, with all my drunk friends. Puke up what seems to be pure beer on the bar, wipe it up with the bar rag and wring it out back into my glass.

Not as bad as big Jim Lynn that day. Got up from his bar stool, walked over to the cigarette machine. Pulled on it and swung it around like it was a door and proceeded to take a whiz thinking he was in the restroom.

Now, what was the reason again, I quit drinking back in 1978.
    You'll catch no flak from me on that one. I drink at home. The odds of doing something "intelligent" enough to draw the ire of others is cut down exponentially.

I once picked a fight with a couch. (That later tumbled end over end twice) Said fight involved whoever offended me, my missus, and several firearms. I still feel it was better I break several bones in my foot than spending several years elsewhere. Bit pragmatic, but I'm free.

Seriously Nick, you have been MIA for a while now. Really enjoy your posts. Spit coffee all over the monitor more than once, pretty funny stuff.
    Flattered you care. ^_^ I owe you a flat out $300/plate meal if you get out this way. (So much more difficult than offering said beer. )

Meant to ask you, what is a drift team.
    "Drift"... It's a very long explanation. Best explained as a long term Japanese development of long term redneck desires.

In effect, drift is the school of thought paying heed to style over form, while still being faster. IE - Sliding the back end of a car around a track smoking the tires off whilst setting a track record. There's a finite art in being able to do it instinctively. Bit like Gordon knowing how to run around an oval. (If you're into NASCAR), These drift guys are quite fast while ignoring the normal physics of racing.