FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
877 - Long - Inc | 877.566.4462
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Plasma cutter arcs but will not cut.

Gumby,

If that machine is made by a factory I think it is made by, check inside for the High Frequency board and insure there is a good distance between the two points on the front left where the HF arc initiates.

Other things to try:

1. Turn down the PSI to say 35-60 at increments of 5.
    2. Wire at 220v and see if the unit functions. Sometimes, the 110v is not enough to power these types of cutters.
    3. Check the ground and make sure its connected.
    4. Check to make sure there is nothing blocking the air inlet.

Hope these help. If not, give the company a call for a warranty claim or trobleshooting.
    Longevity Welding
    Toll-Free Support: 1-510-887-7090 / 1-877-566-4462
    Business Hours: Monday-Friday 8AM to 4PM

SICFabrications & Longevity,

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Before I can wire it to 220v I need to find the cable and plug to be able to do it.

You all have helped so very much and have given me some great suggestions.

I need some garage time to see I can put your suggestions to work.

Thanks
    Gumby

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby88 View Post
    SICFabrications & Longevity,

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Before I can wire it to 220v I need to find the cable and plug to be able to do it.

You all have helped so very much and have given me some great suggestions.

I need some garage time to see I can put your suggestions to work.

Thanks
    Gumby
    The information you posted about the machine states that all you need for 220 is to replace the plug on the power cable.

Thurmond
    EVERLAST PowerTig 250 EX 2013 Model - Thanks Oleg!
    Miller Bobcat 3 Phase,
    26 series gas cooled TIG torch, setup for quick connect to Bobcat.
    Miller Suitcase X-Treme 12VS
    17 Series Tig Torch for Solar Powered Welding Project
    EVERLAST PowerUltra 205P
    Hobart Handler 187 Mig / Flux Core
    Standard Oxygen / Acetylene Cutting, Welding setup.

The wire going into the machine is just standard 110 wiring with a 110v plug in.

I would assume if I cut it off to put a 220v plug on the end I would melt the wire off.

Thats why I think I need to find out what wire to use and a 220v plug to use in the garage.

My brother suggested I buy a RV 220v to 110v adapter,but I would think in doing so the machine would operate at 110v and not the desired 220v.

The wire going to the machine should be able to carry the maximum current the machine is rated for. Otherwise they couldn't sell it as that capacity. Keep in mind that the 50 amp on the leads doesn't equate to 50 amps on the input side. It's more likely that the current requirement on the input side is somewhere between 25 and 30 amps, probably closer to 25. According to the chart here American Wire Gauge table and AWG Electrical Current Load Limits with skin depth frequencies 14 gauge wire can carry up to 32 amps for chassis wiring and so it should handle the amperage on the input side of the cutter.
    Dan
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw

Dual input voltage - functions with either 110v or 220v, single-phase power (U.S. 60 hz. or European 50 hz.) Standard U.S. 3-prong, 15-amp grounded, 110v plug is pre-installed. If you prefer to operate the unit with 220v power, simply install a new plug on the power cord to fit your receptacle. The machine will automatically detect the input voltage/frequency and adjust.

There is your answer in the machine description you posted.
    Steve
    Miller Dialarc 250
    Lincoln Ranger250
    Longevity TigWeld 200DX

Your machine is rated at 30 amp input. I would use GA wire to be on the safe side.
    keith
    The older the Boys, the more expensive the TOYS
    Previously Owned equipment;
    lot's
    Current equipment;
    3HP Speedair air compressor, Wilton drill press, Craftsman 10x36 lathe, 10 ton hydrolic press, Portaband band saw, OA torch, Small home brew CNC machine, powered by my 200PI
    2 Longevity autodarking helmets
    160d MIG
    WeldAll 200PI

Yes you right is supost work n 110 volts but if don't touch the metal never get arc

hello KHK.

Where did you purchase your Renegade Power Solution Plasma cutter? I bought a used one that works great, just need to find parts and a manual; Thanks Larry