FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY

Thread: Post added business...

Post added business...

Back before the first hack/crash you guys adjusted the new post added thing so it wouldn't just keep stacking new posts up. It isn't a big deal if you post something right after posting because it is like an addendum, however, if you post something and come back later and have another post to make that isn't an addendum to the previous post and it stacks it in the other post, it makes a thread not make much sense because replies can get mixed up. It also isn't fair to your post count either, we already lost several posts from the crash the other day and are playing catch up already.

But, we shall persevere.
    Just Sensible Concepts
    *Longevity Weldall 160PI (technically it's not mine but it is on MY inventory for my shop at work)
    Lincoln Weldanpower 200
    Lincoln Pro Mig 180
    Lincoln AC225

The way I've been going I'm not sure I'll make it anyways........... I need the rain to stop so I can fab up the gate frame for the fence/feral cat house I just put up.
    mountain eagle
    longevity forcecut 50i
    miller econotig
    millermatic 185
    speedglas lid

Since the forum was restored from a backup of only a week old the settings should be the same. I looked at the settings and they appear to be right. Try waiting over 30 seconds before adding a second post and see if that works. Let me know either way.
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw

its always been like that
    Ahp 200x tig acdc
    forcecut 42i
    Miller xmt350
    Lincoln LN-25
    Victor oxy/acetylene/
    Bunch of tools of the trade to much to list
    http://instagram.com/weldor_wes/

No, not always. They fixed it one time so that as long as you waited a few minutes in between posting it would be a separate post. The other day I made a post well over 20 or 30 minutes after my previous one and it started that "post added" business again. If a topic gets hot and there are rapid replies, it messes up the flow of the thread when you post and someone replies and then someone else does and you respond to them but instead of it going chronologically and putting your post at the end of the thread it adds the reply to your "previous" post. So, in essence you could have a reply to something show up in the thread BEFORE the statement being replied to. It hasn't always been like that. It was fixed one time in the past.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Test post 5 minutes later.

Original post was made at 5:33 but the time stamp changed to 5:39
    Last edited by Bluesman; 05-15-2011 at 04:42 PM. Reason: added something
    Just Sensible Concepts
    *Longevity Weldall 160PI (technically it's not mine but it is on MY inventory for my shop at work)
    Lincoln Weldanpower 200
    Lincoln Pro Mig 180
    Lincoln AC225

I tried to change this behavior but cannot find anything that makes a difference. I'm beginning to think this may be a difference between the old version and the newer version of the forum.
    I'll see if Simon wants to give this task to the developers.
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw

That's all we can ask for. I did that test post so you could see an example of what I was talking about. It probably wouldn't matter if a post was made a couple minutes later and SHOULD have been an post edit or something, but it can really cause things to get out of order as far as post times for responses like hot topics.
    Just Sensible Concepts
    Lincoln Weldanpower 200
    Lincoln Pro Mig 180
    Lincoln AC225