FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who has one of these?

Who has one of these?

We had a power bump today, so I thought it might be a good time to test out my generator. As usual, I'm going to have to rebuild the carb to get it to run and I'm getting tired of it. Fortunately, I don't need it very often, but I don't feel I can count on it if I do. I love my 200PI, so I was looking at the Longevity generators. Does anybody here have one? What do you think about it? Thanks.
    Weldall 200PI, Longevity Pro auto-darkening hemet, HF 120amp stick welder (retired), Quincy 60 gallon 5hp air compressor, Iron Mike power hack saw, HF 42144 3-in-1 , 20 ton press, and a screw driver but I'm not sure where I left it...

Be sure and put Stabil in your gas and it will save you from having to do the carb rebuild. We used to do the carb rebuild on a air comp. till we started using Stabil. I try to keep it in my welder and lawn mowers.
    Steve
    Miller Dialarc 250
    Lincoln Ranger250
    Longevity TigWeld 200DX

I usualy run it dry, but forgot the last time I ran it. That was only a couple of months ago. I'm going to add stabil to my gas from now on. I usualy just add it to the individual machine.
    Weldall 200PI, Longevity Pro auto-darkening hemet, HF 120amp stick welder (retired), Quincy 60 gallon 5hp air compressor, Iron Mike power hack saw, HF 42144 3-in-1 , 20 ton press, and a screw driver but I'm not sure where I left it...

any engine makes no matter is going to have "sit up" problems... diesels get the black algea growing in the fuel, gas burners get the varnish and gum build up, natural gas/ propane motors get dry rotted seals in the converter..... add stabil to the gas burners, add seafoam "kinda like "lucas" but not to the diesel and i dont know what you would do to a LP burner.... best thing in the world for them is to run them weekly for a lil bit. just like a 4-wd vehicle, lock 'er in from time to time to lube everything up and what not... ounce of prevention is far greater than 2 days worth of work for a cure.... just sayin

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

oh yeah..... BAM!!!!! 700 posts baby
    Torchmate 5 x 10 custom built CNC table
    6 (each) Thermadyne 252i mig/ stick/ tig
    Thermal Dynamics a-60 automated cutter
    Thermal cutmaster 52 handheld cutter
    '07 pro300 miller
    '08 275 trailblazer miller
    '99 250 trailblazer
    12vs extreme suitcase feeder
    2 (each) xr-a 50 foot push-pull feeders (for aluminum mig)
    800 ton break
    400 ton shear
    MM350p
    xmt 304
    (do i REALLY need to keep going?)

nothing fancy, just a few hot glue guns for metal

www.sicfabrications.com

I have a natural gas backup generator, it runs once a week for about 15 min. I bought it in 2000 and have to replace the battery a couple of times, changed the oil 5 times that's it for maintenance. It is not a Longevity so I have no info on the Longevity generators.
    keith
    The older the Boys, the more expensive the TOYS
    Previously Owned equipment;
    lot's
    Current equipment;
    3HP Speedair air compressor, Wilton drill press, Craftsman 10x36 lathe, 10 ton hydrolic press, Portaband band saw, OA torch, Small home brew CNC machine, powered by my 200PI
    2 Longevity autodarking helmets
    160d MIG
    WeldAll 200PI

I wish we had natural gas here, but we don't. I'm concidering converting mine to propane. I've found some kits for about $200.

Maybe Simon has a demo unit he wants to let go real cheap. I'd rather have a diesel.

Yup!

...As said above, a run up every couple weeks will assure you have a working genset when needed...
    and I also run my small engines dry, when they are to be stored.
    Never have tried the fuel conditioners/stabilizers, but I guess a lot of people use them.
    rc
    Longevity Stickweld 140 Lunchbox Baby!
    Redi Arc & Craftsman AC boxes
    200P 3 in 1
    Harris gages/Victor & Smiths torches
    101.07301 project
    Large pile of saws & drills
    Wheel barrow full a sanders N' grinders
    truckloads of woodworking tools
    the paint pumps, ladders and stuff
    rock n mud tools & plumbin stuff
    Lapidary thangs
    mekanik tools
    & I am a pathological liar and functional illiterate.

Arcamm:
    I know the feeling. Stabil does help, but it has a shelf life as well.
    As for me, I try to remember to run everything dry after I use it, although I feel it's a bit hard on two strokes because it obviously causes them to run lean (therefore hot), and out of lube for the last few seconds before they stop.
    I was told by a small engine repair shop that gasoline now has a best before date of 30 days. - - It sucks.
    Cheers,
    Art R.

Longevity LS200-PI multi-purpose cutter/welder,
    Miller 180 Auto-Set MIG,
    Custom 5hp compressor,

You might also try and run non-alcohol gas...with stabilizer...
    Longevity Arcmate 160
    Longevity 50i
    Longevity TigWeld 200 DX
    Longevity Water Cooler
    Torchmate 2x2
    Custom Water Table

HF 4X6 Bandsaw
    Custom Built 16" Chop saw
    Grizzly 14" band saw
    Delta 6" vert. belt sander
    Victor O/A
    Craftsman 5hp, 30gal
    Delta Drill Press

I have a 1984 Vett, with 17,900 miles on it, so it sits for long periods of time between uses. When I started it up last week end it was running really rough. The gas tank was full so I had to drive it around a little to make room for fresh gas. I managed to put about a gallon or so into it $5.45. Another customer at the gas station thought that I was broke and offered to lend a helping $$$, I almost fainted, this is the Chicago area!! Any way the engine smoothed out, I was amazed at what a gallon of fresh gas will do.
    keith
    The older the Boys, the more expensive the TOYS
    Previously Owned equipment;
    lot's
    Current equipment;
    3HP Speedair air compressor, Wilton drill press, Craftsman 10x36 lathe, 10 ton hydrolic press, Portaband band saw, OA torch, Small home brew CNC machine, powered by my 200PI
    2 Longevity autodarking helmets
    160d MIG
    WeldAll 200PI