check out how I installed my 50 amp 220 volt outlet

WELDING IS"NT FOR SISSIES

Longevity promoter.

You're gettin' there.
    Is it finished yet, any updates?
    LINCOLN ELECTRIC WELD PAK - 3200HD
    THERMAL DYNAMICS PAK MASTER 38XL
    HARRIS OXY/ACET.

It takes a lot of work to get ready to weld!!! Thanks for sharing.
    keith
    The older the Boys, the more expensive the TOYS
    Previously Owned equipment;
    lot's
    Current equipment;
    3HP Speedair air compressor, Wilton drill press, Craftsman 10x36 lathe, 10 ton hydrolic press, Portaband band saw, OA torch, Small home brew CNC machine, powered by my 200PI
    2 Longevity autodarking helmets
    160d MIG
    WeldAll 200PI

I shouldn't talk since several of my extension cables are 3 prong 50AMP with the forth green wire connected to the White to reduce cable resistance, (but not any more. It is best to run a four wire connectors which are also available in a similar style for a similar price (not the expensive twist locks). The reason for this it that one should have a safety neutral that carries no current unless a fault condition occurs (typical of steel box machines). You can put a ground rod near the shop and run a ground wire directly to the bolt on the machine, but it is more likely to be used if it is in the connector. With this said, almost everyone runs the three wire, but should not. If your machine has three wires, either change it or add one more wire to the bolt on the back of the case.
    "Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ... and the only one that can be mass-produced with unskilled labor"
    Apollo 11 W.V. Braun

Have ForceCut80I, Precision TIG 185, Ideal Arc 250, Oxy-Acetylene, Tig welding Chamber, 14 Ton pipe bender, 20 Ton press, Electric sheet metal shear, 12 inch- 0.125 Shear, 12 inch Metal Band Saw, Power Hack Saw, Abrasive Chop Saws, 2 Mills, 5 Lathes, and lots of other items

Good point ISKI! Good details to pay attention to....... of course since we salvaged couple hundred feet of 6/3 years ago that's what we run off of. But when change happens that will be the way to go.
    mountain eagle
    longevity forcecut 50i
    miller econotig
    millermatic 185
    speedglas lid

I am using 3 runs of #4 and a #6 ground in 1" EMT (25' run and both 4 prong and 3 prong 50A outlets and a 50A breaker) for my welders. Its in an open steel building (no interior walls or flammable materials) so no fire danger at all. Thanks for sharing the video.

Thurmond
    EVERLAST PowerTig 250 EX 2013 Model - Thanks Oleg!
    Miller Bobcat 3 Phase,
    26 series gas cooled TIG torch, setup for quick connect to Bobcat.
    Miller Suitcase X-Treme 12VS
    17 Series Tig Torch for Solar Powered Welding Project
    EVERLAST PowerUltra 205P
    Hobart Handler 187 Mig / Flux Core
    Standard Oxygen / Acetylene Cutting, Welding setup.