FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Custom buttons in EMC2 CNC program

When i wired mine up the only thing I could get to work to fire the plasma was coolant on and off. M7 is coolant on, M9 is coolant off. These pins run a relay to trigger the torch. Torch on and off is typically M3 and M5 I think.
    I could probably fix it but it works this way so there isn't much incentive.
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw

m5 is machine stop.. m30 is rewind or reset... m8 is coolant on , m9 coolant off cant recall what m7 actually is, it might be a coolant through spindle on a mill... is the f1 and s1 a macro call?

1972 Bridgeport Mill
    Thermal Arc 211i
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Buffalo 4x6 Horizontal Band Saw
    Craftsman Benchtop Drillpress
    Craftsman Bench Grinder
    Craftsman Belt/Disk Sander Combo
    Crafstman Vertical Band Saw

tomsign
    brucer,
    I have Coreldraw 14 it does not handle .cnd files
    i also checked Adobe CS4 M/C products and non of them will handle .cnd

Tom,
    CND files are ControlDraw files. They have a free viewer here. http://www.controldraw.co.uk/Download/CDRsetup.zip

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80

tomsign
    Dan, I guess I should have googled first, before I typed

No problem Tom.

Atlas 10x36" lathe

Smile

Gadget
    I know this is an old post, but it appears to be exactly what i am looking for.
    I have a machine running under Linuxcnc Wheezy 2.7.3 and have the Laser running as a vector cut/engrave with depth being controlled by Feed rate F.. function, I hope to improve on this later with the S... function.
    What I want to add is to have some buttons that turn on a location Red Dot laser, jog to the start point of the work piece, zero the xy on the DRO, G0 move the head a specific xy distance to where the laser spot was , turn Red Dot off some where in there, then i can start the Gcode.
    I already have two buttons installed and working, Z touchoff and retract and XY zero DRO.
    Your buttons seems to do what i wish to add or similar.
    Would You be kind enough to post your machine files so I can try to incorporate them into my system.
    At this stage my programming abilities are minimal, I can get a couple of buttons to show up using Glade, but my understanding of the code and links required is pitiful, even after many day of trying, I have been reading as much of the posts on the web as i could find, only resulted in eyestrain and headache, i'm sure you have been there.
    Once this is all working I will Post the resulting files for all, as i think that the combination of my exiting buttons and the features that yours offer would be a good standard setup for most people.
    Thanks in advance
    Doug
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Doug and welcome to the forum. When you get a chance please post a bit about yourself in the introduce yourself section. Attached you will find my config files. I hope they help you. I got all my info from the CNCZone forums for LinuxCNC http://www.cnczone.com/forums/linuxcnc-formerly-emc2-/ There's a lot of helpful people there who can help guide you. I used them extensively and wouldn't have been able to get them working without their help.
    Dan
    Attached Files Attached Files

Atlas 10x36" lathe

Wow..Thanks Dan
    It may take me a while to get thru them, but i think the answer is there.
    Will put some stuff in the intro detail area.
    Thanks for your quick response..appreciated.
    Doug

Doug,
    It's been awhile since I configured mine and it's one of those things you set up and forget how you did it. However, I'm willing to try and help if you need it. Also, I have two configs, one for 3D printing and one with the custom buttons. If I happen to have sent the wrong one let me know and I'll send the other. I'm pretty sure I got the right one though.
    Dan

Atlas 10x36" lathe