FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
877 - Long - Inc | 877.566.4462
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 1995 Toyota Tacoma

Quote Originally Posted by gilly View Post
    Is it more sturdy that way?
    Potentially heavier, but the joists looked about standard spaced. Snow load requirement?

If 1x6's are all that fell off the truck, cheaper than osb.
    Full hand tool assortment, collecting sheet metal hammers/dollies, more time than money.

Quote Originally Posted by gilly View Post
    Me personally,I have never seen anyone use boards to deck the roof,in my life time.Either plywood,or osb sheets is what I have always used and seen used.I know before my time 1x? was used all the time.Is it more sturdy that way?
    My dad has a band-saw mill so the inch boards are really cheap. Plywood or OSB would be stronger in some respects it would provide more diagonal support that the boards. As far as just straight downward breaking strength I don't know which is stronger. We added some diagonal bracing on the bottom side of the rafters which you can see in the video if you look closely.

The board are probably a bit slower but in some ways easier. Hauling a 4x8 sheet up on a roof and moving it around can be a pain.

Eric
    Longevity LC-520D (ordered, Delivered, works great)
    Longevity Pro-Black Welding helmet, works great
    Pexto 137 shear (my latest toy)

Personal website
    www.howhardcanitbe.tv

Where I work.
    www.roadinosaur.com
    www.mattsrepair.com

Quote Originally Posted by matteh99 View Post
    As far as just straight downward breaking strength I don't know which is stronger.
    I realize this is beyond late to the party... Laminates (osb) are almost always stronger by weight. More importantly, they tend to be more consistent. That said, 1" boards for roofing are above and beyond "well enough". The only real benefit would be making sure it's a "cold" roof. (Insulating it so the snow falls off, rather than sticking)
    Full hand tool assortment, collecting sheet metal hammers/dollies, more time than money.

Good One

Good One here..
    Longevity Welding
    Toll-Free Support: 1-510-887-7090 / 1-877-566-4462
    Business Hours: Monday-Friday 8AM to 4PM

Check this Tacoma User Manual to see the proper way of using it

Hi Jessica,and welcome to the forum. We like pictures here so please include some showing your work. Be sure to post a bit about yourself in the introduce yourself section so we can get to know you. Also, consider entering the latest contest here. The odds of winning are great.
    Dan
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw