FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
877 - Long - Inc | 877.566.4462
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Everlast VS Longevity

Thanks

Everlast VS Longevity

I have done research on the Longevity line and plan on buying the 50i plasma cutter. A friend told me that he bought an Everlast model and should buy it instead. Does anyone know anything about Everlast plasma cutters? I am set on the 50i but curious about the brand he was talking about. Appreciate any info please.

Thanks
    Ray

Images
    Thanks
    I can't say whether the Everlast is better or worse, my guess is they are a reasonably good product. I would take a serious look at customer satisfaction with the Longevity products and company as a whole though. I think you will find them to be one of the best in the industry if not the best. That by itself changes the playing field in favor of the Longevity line in my opinion.
    Customer satisfaction and service is very high on the priority list with Longevity.
    That's my two cents worth.
    Dan
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200
    Longevity WeldPro LS200PI (IGBT)
    Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw, O/A torch

Images
    Thanks
    ive not ever used the everlast products... i have used (extensively) hobart, miller, lincoln, esab, linde, l-tec, arc-one, and thermal dynamics machines to name a few.... i make my living and support my wife n daughter and my ex-wife by way of the welding machines and when i new product comes to the market, i am an extreme skeptic. when i first learned of the longevity and everlast machinery, i joined forums asked questions and watched....... the biggest thing that i have learned about these machines from watching is this: longevity takes an aggressive stance towards customer satisfaction and warranty, ive even watched longevity actively try to help everlast customers with everlast machines...

longevity didnt balk at sending units out to extreme skeptics, matter of fact, they were kinda excited about doing so when everlast was a little apprehensive about doing the same thing.

from a product support stand point, i would choose the longevity machine over everlast... this is of course based on my observations from other forums and other welder peeps that i have a personal and professional relationship with. like i said, i have 0 personal experience with everlast machinery
    Torchmate 5 x 10 custom built CNC table
    6 (each) Thermadyne 252i mig/ stick/ tig
    Thermal Dynamics a-60 automated cutter
    Thermal cutmaster 52 handheld cutter
    '07 pro300 miller
    '08 275 trailblazer miller
    '99 250 trailblazer
    12vs extreme suitcase feeder
    2 (each) xr-a 50 foot push-pull feeders (for aluminum mig)
    800 ton break
    400 ton shear
    MM350p
    xmt 304
    (do i REALLY need to keep going?)

nothing fancy, just a few hot glue guns for metal

www.sicfabrications.com

Thanks
    I think you are right. The Longevity machines are a better buy and the service is great. I just checked out your profile pics, WOW! You can definitely weld and fabricate. If I could just do a 10th of what you can, I would be extremely happy.

Thanks
    Ray

Images
    Thanks
    thanks.... you can do what i can, just takes lottsa practice and some seriuos "want to" anyway, im off to work today, i have a real neat project to accomplish today.... i cant show ya pics of it because of non-disclosure, but i can say that most of the job is made of 2 1/4 thick steel in ar 572 gr. 50.... seismic rods and capable of lifting 33 metric tons =))
    Torchmate 5 x 10 custom built CNC table
    6 (each) Thermadyne 252i mig/ stick/ tig
    Thermal Dynamics a-60 automated cutter
    Thermal cutmaster 52 handheld cutter
    '07 pro300 miller
    '08 275 trailblazer miller
    '99 250 trailblazer
    12vs extreme suitcase feeder
    2 (each) xr-a 50 foot push-pull feeders (for aluminum mig)
    800 ton break
    400 ton shear
    MM350p
    xmt 304
    (do i REALLY need to keep going?)

nothing fancy, just a few hot glue guns for metal

www.sicfabrications.com

Images
    Thanks
    I like Longevity. When I was looking into getting a new machine for my school shop, I called both Longevity and Everlast. Everlast wasn't all together non-cooperative, but they were quoting me EXACTLY the prices they had listed on the website and when I replied back that I was getting it for a school and I had noticed they said they gave educational discounts, they couldn't tell me an exact price and wanted me to come up with some kind of official "proof" that I was the ag teacher and this was really for a classroom... Did not get the same response from Longevity, matter of fact, when I called the person that answered the phone insisted that they transfer me to Simon, the owner of the company, so that I could talk to him personally... Simon gave us a VERY fair price that was well below what was listed on the website, offered free shipping, gave some free consumables, and offered his assistance if we needed any further service in making our decision. Once I told him we had put the purchase requisition into the system and was waiting on the P.O. to be sent back to us so we could order, he gave me a tracking number for our shipment.... 3-4 days later I got the P.O. back from Central Office and was about to call Simon to "officially" make the order and the UPS truck showed up... The machine was HERE, he had went ahead and shipped it to us. I called him to let him know it had arrived and gave him the P.O. number so he could officially invoice us.

He once again told us if he could help us with anything else to let him know.

I was more than impressed.

If we had been fortunate enough to had been transferred to the owner at Everlast, who knows, we may have had a similar experience, but the point is, that opportunity wasn't afforded to us because the individual that answered the phone never offered that option.

Simon and Longevity have my vote.

that is all.
    Just Sensible Concepts
    *Longevity Weldall 160PI (technically it's not mine but it is on MY inventory for my shop at work)
    Lincoln Weldanpower 200
    Lincoln Pro Mig 180
    Lincoln AC225

Images
    Thanks
    That is exactly what I mean by superior customer service and support.

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80

Images
    Thanks
    I like my Longevity 200PI, I think it is a great machine! I originally bought a 160P and when the new 200PI came out Longevity let me upgrade to it. I do not know if they still do this, but I do not know of any other company that would even consider it....
    keith
    The older the Boys, the more expensive the TOYS
    Previously Owned equipment;
    lot's
    Current equipment;
    3HP Speedair air compressor, Wilton drill press, Craftsman 10x36 lathe, 10 ton hydrolic press, Portaband band saw, OA torch, Small home brew CNC machine, powered by my 200PI
    2 Longevity autodarking helmets
    160d MIG
    WeldAll 200PI

Images
    Thanks
    I considered everlast before I decided to buy my Longevity LC-520D

I decided on longevity in a good part due to this forum. I am also a member over at the everlast forum and it is dead over there. There aren't very many people posting. Longevity seemed to have a larger group of happy users on the net. I don't know if this means they make a better product or not but it makes me feel like I will have more people to complain to if I have a problem.

Eric
    Longevity LC-520D (ordered, Delivered, works great)
    Longevity Pro-Black Welding helmet, works great
    Pexto 137 shear (my latest toy)

Personal website
    www.howhardcanitbe.tv

Where I work.
    www.roadinosaur.com
    www.mattsrepair.com

Images
    Thanks
    And more people that will respond to your questions if you need answers.

Atlas 10x36" lathe

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast