FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
877 - Long - Inc | 877.566.4462
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Plain old solid shade helmet?

Quote Originally Posted by undercut View Post
    ADH will get you spoiled for sure. I've never used a fixed shade helmet before. Were you able to try out your friend's ADH?
    HAHAHAHA, Hope it does not !! Nope, did not bother to try them and just relied on their experiences with their AD Helmets. I just want also to surprise myself when I get mine, LOL

Should be a good experience. Nice not having to nod to drop the helmet down. Apparently some people get neck problems after many years of forceful nodding with their helmets.
    Is it OK to want to break something just so that you can weld it back together?

Quote Originally Posted by undercut View Post
    Should be a good experience. Nice not having to nod to drop the helmet down. Apparently some people get neck problems after many years of forceful nodding with their helmets.
    I have a friend in California who has a disability due to neck damage from the constant nodding to lower the hood. This is a problem that has officially been recognized fairly recently. AD will not cause issues, and will last a long time. My NexGen is around eight years old, and I have changed the batteries once or twice in that time. Another thing about AD, they will make a beginner a better welder because he can see the weld before he starts. The action of nodding to drop the hood can cause you to move the torch/stick rod slightly.
    4T or not 4T, that is the question.

Miller Model 88 250 amp AC, Miller MM210, Hobart HH187, Longevity Force Cut 42i, Longevity Tigweld 200EX

well my old school amthemal gold lens finally bit the dust when i dropped it
    since then i have replaced it with one from phillips-safety they are made in Germany like the old school one i had but not at the 300$ price tag more like the 36$ price tag for the big lens and 20$ for the smaller lens
    so far i am really impressed by the clarity and the puddle is crisp and clear
    I picked up a shade 9 and 10
    Welding Lenses - Laser Safety Glasses | Radiation Protective Eyewear | Bifocal Safety Glasses | Lampworking Glasses | Phillips Safety
    Ahp 200x tig acdc
    forcecut 42i
    Miller xmt350
    Lincoln LN-25
    Victor oxy/acetylene/
    Bunch of tools of the trade to much to list
    http://instagram.com/weldor_wes/

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    I have a friend in California who has a disability due to neck damage from the constant nodding to lower the hood. This is a problem that has officially been recognized fairly recently. AD will not cause issues, and will last a long time. My NexGen is around eight years old, and I have changed the batteries once or twice in that time. Another thing about AD, they will make a beginner a better welder because he can see the weld before he starts. The action of nodding to drop the hood can cause you to move the torch/stick rod slightly.
    i used to use a nexgen nice lid
    if you set the head gear tension not super tight it just a lil nod to have it drop
    I have never had any neck problems over the last 17 yrs guess i have been lucky
    Ahp 200x tig acdc
    forcecut 42i
    Miller xmt350
    Lincoln LN-25
    Victor oxy/acetylene/
    Bunch of tools of the trade to much to list
    http://instagram.com/weldor_wes/

Quote Originally Posted by WookieWelding View Post
    i used to use a nexgen nice lid
    if you set the head gear tension not super tight it just a lil nod to have it drop
    I have never had any neck problems over the last 17 yrs guess i have been lucky
    I replaced the head gear with a newer Jackson gear. Rocky spent much more than 17 years welding. He posts at Hobart Weld Talk, and his thread about his disability may still be around.
    4T or not 4T, that is the question.

Miller Model 88 250 amp AC, Miller MM210, Hobart HH187, Longevity Force Cut 42i, Longevity Tigweld 200EX

Well I have been using HF helmet for long time now, didn't had any difficulties as if now. But as you have sais that you are uising solid #10 shade helmet for a long time now, I will certainly give it a try.

Hi Tusker and welcome to the forum. We like pictures here so be sure to include some showing your work. Also, keep an eye out for the next contest here. The odds of winning a great new Longevity machine are very good. When you get a chance please post a bit about yourself so we can get to know you
    Dan
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw

Quote Originally Posted by tusker View Post
    Well I have been using HF helmet for long time now, didn't had any difficulties as if now. But as you have sais that you are uising solid #10 shade helmet for a long time now, I will certainly give it a try.
    Welcome to the forum, tusker.

Welcome to the forum Tusker... A lot of Info on here to help ya..
    If you can see it, You can weld it.........

Lincoln Pro Mig 180
    Lincoln Magnum SG 100 Spool Gun
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 42
    H.F. Horizontal Band Saw
    H.F. Tubing Bender
    H.F. 48'' Sheet Metal Brake
    Sync180 Tube Notcher
    Grizzly Drill Press
    Northern Industrial 14'' Dry Cut Saw
    To Many Angle Grinders (yeah right)
    To many Hand Tools (ditto)
    28'' x 48'' x 1/2'' Top Welding Table