FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
877 - Long - Inc | 877.566.4462
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plain old solid shade helmet?

also if you use a fixed shade primarily like i do i use a Gold lens which is a super clear to see your puddle you can get them at most LWS
    Ahp 200x tig acdc
    forcecut 42i
    Miller xmt350
    Lincoln LN-25
    Victor oxy/acetylene/
    Bunch of tools of the trade to much to list
    http://instagram.com/weldor_wes/

I only use fixed shade if I have no other choice. I like to see what I'm doing BEFORE the arc strikes and feel like I'm blind if I'm using a fixed shade.
    Just Sensible Concepts
    *Longevity Weldall 160PI (technically it's not mine but it is on MY inventory for my shop at work)
    Lincoln Weldanpower 200
    Lincoln Pro Mig 180
    Lincoln AC225

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesman View Post
    I only use fixed shade if I have no other choice. I like to see what I'm doing BEFORE the arc strikes and feel like I'm blind if I'm using a fixed shade.
    with a gold lens you can see somewhat before firing up your arc .. atleast enough to know where you are
    Ahp 200x tig acdc
    forcecut 42i
    Miller xmt350
    Lincoln LN-25
    Victor oxy/acetylene/

Quote Originally Posted by WookieWelding View Post
    with a gold lens you can see somewhat before firing up your arc .. atleast enough to know where you are
    I've never gotten to try one of the gold lenses. Only ones I've ever been experienced with are the green ones.
    Just Sensible Concepts
    *Longevity Weldall 160PI (technically it's not mine but it is on MY inventory for my shop at work)
    Lincoln Weldanpower 200
    Lincoln Pro Mig 180
    Lincoln AC225

I've never gotten to try one of the gold lenses. Only ones I've ever been experienced with are the green ones.
    you should get one there are under $5 bucks from praxxair
    Ahp 200x tig acdc
    forcecut 42i
    Miller xmt350
    Lincoln LN-25
    Victor oxy/acetylene/

I will check and see if Air Gas has them. I don't think we have a praxair here that I know of.
    Just Sensible Concepts
    Lincoln Weldanpower 200
    Lincoln Pro Mig 180
    Lincoln AC225

I will check and see if Air Gas has them. I don't think we have a praxair here that I know of.
    let me know what you think of it when you get one
    Ahp 200x tig acdc
    forcecut 42i
    Miller xmt350
    Lincoln LN-25
    Victor oxy/acetylene/

My Longevity AD helmet flashed me on my first arc in class last night. This time I brought my Jackson standard hood with me so I was able to continue welding this week. It took a couple welds before I got used to using the standard hood for tig but it wasn't bad. I DID miss the AD though. If I can't get this hood fixed I'll be spending some serious money on a high end AD hood.
    HTP Mig 2400
    HTP Microcut 625
    Longevity Tigweld200
    Hubangus blast cabinet
    Enco Mill
    O/A torch setup
    PT105 Bender
    Notchmaster
    4X6 bandsaw
    Portaband
    30T press
    Enco 50" slip roller

Let us replace it for you! Send it back to

23591 Foley St
    Hayward, CA 94545.

Call DP at work today and let him know Simon stated we would get you another.

877-566-4462.

You are responsible to cover the shipping. We want to make sure it does not happen AGAIN!
    Longevity Welding
    Toll-Free Support: 1-510-887-7090 / 1-877-566-4462
    Business Hours: Monday-Friday 8AM to 4PM

I think what you have got to do is sit down and decide if you want to take your welding seriously, because you have to be able to clearly see you puddle to do it well.Now is the time to start thinking of buying a good welding helmet because their are alot of christmas specials going on and Longevity runs specials year round on their stuff.Sure you can get a large face solid lens helmet for under $20.00 and a plain small lens regular helmet for under $10.00.
    But I hear you, about cost, and sicfab about getting used to A/D, yesterday I was welding Toyatoa Tundra box panel on, with plug welds and went to grab a bottle of water to clean my lens and it was a bottle of unlabeled thinner, smeared my lens melting it and I did not have a spare cover, sent one of the kids working in the shop to get me a new one but it was a hopeless cause, so gotta take care of that expensive hood when you buy one I quess.
    1 Longevity LS 200PI & Stand
    Thermal Arc 190 Mig w Chasiss
    3 Victor Pro O/A Torches, Journeyman Torches
    Blue Point Stud Welder
    12" x 6 Power Hacksaw
    6x1/2,8x3/4, Bench Grinders on Stands
    1" Belt Grinder on Stand
    13 Grinders Makita & Bluepoint
    Snap On Tools & 65 Anniversary Box