FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: For old car fans

Quote Originally Posted by Ascinder View Post
    That car is too cool. I love the sound. In the part of the video of the engine running, I keep waiting for a little cuckoo bird to pop out and is that a copper exhaust manifold or is it intake? Looked like exhaust to me, but who knows. Also, I love the leather belt that holds down the engine bay doors, that's classic. During Hot August Nights(a fairly large classic car event here in Reno) we get a lot of neat vehicles, but never the turnout I'd like to see for these really old machines. You really are lucky to get to play with that.
    There aren't very many of this type of car around any more. There are only 30 or so good ones. You will just have to get a really old car and start bringing it
    Longevity LC-520D (ordered, Delivered, works great)
    Longevity Pro-Black Welding helmet, works great
    Pexto 137 shear (my latest toy)

Personal website
    www.howhardcanitbe.tv

Where I work.
    www.roadinosaur.com
    www.mattsrepair.com

Nice car, some day when I own a house again vs. rent it will be mostly garage. I have a 1937 DKW that is in need of major TLC.
    "Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ... and the only one that can be mass-produced with unskilled labor"
    Apollo 11 W.V. Braun

Have ForceCut80I, Precision TIG 185, Ideal Arc 250, Oxy-Acetylene, Tig welding Chamber, 14 Ton pipe bender, 20 Ton press, Electric sheet metal shear, 12 inch- 0.125 Shear, 12 inch Metal Band Saw, Power Hack Saw, Abrasive Chop Saws, 2 Mills, 5 Lathes, and lots of other items

The older the better. I would so cruise that thing.
    I can't finish a project before I start a new one...an addiction to say the least

Currently own: Hobart Handler 140
    Looking to purchase Longevity MIG and TIG after I get back from this deployment

ISKI, I just looked up the DKW. It's a nice looking car. On cars that old there is no such thing as a small project.
    Longevity LC-520D (ordered, Delivered, works great)
    Longevity Pro-Black Welding helmet, works great
    Pexto 137 shear (my latest toy)

Personal website
    www.howhardcanitbe.tv

Where I work.
    www.roadinosaur.com
    www.mattsrepair.com