FreeWeldingForum.com 
Welding Forum Community presented by LONGEVITY
877 - Long - Inc | 877.566.4462
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: LC-518d multi-process review with videos

Cool LC-518d multi-process review with videos

I'm going to review my new LC-518d multi process machine on this thread and post the videos I made for my youtube channel on here. It just came in yesterday afternoon applaud and so far I have not even hooked it up yet and it's raining today so I don't know if I can get to use it today because my workshop is the great outdoors.(sigh) So far I'm liking what I'm seeing. The components are heavier than I expected (good thing) and look a lot more sturdy and higher quality than I expected for the price of the unit. I like the weight and the fact that it's 100v and 220v. If anyone on here has figured a way to switch back and fourth easily like some kind of adapter please let me know. If not I'll figure something out.

More to come shortly. I'll post them all in this thread. unless I discover a better place to post them. I'm new to this whole forum thing. you can watch them in HD if you click on the youtube in the bottom corner and set the resolution to 720p
    Last edited by Freddytk421; 03-17-2010 at 10:49 PM. Reason: embedded vid not working.
    watch my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/freddytk421
    Hammer
    Drill
    Grinder
    Welder
    Saw
    Who could ask for anything more?GreenSmoking

I fixed the video link, to see what I did for future reference just hit edit and look at the code. Any questions let me know. Also, I think there is a drawing on this forum for a pigtail for 110 and 220 for your unit.

Dan
    Units owned Longevity PROmts 200

Force Cut LP80 plasma cutter
    Longevity auto dark welding helmet

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Craftsman 5HP 30 Gal compressor
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80
    Home built aluminum foundry, HF 4x6 bandsaw

Nice video! The only thing I noticed was that the argon regulator did not have the fitting for the tank, mabie it came seperatly, don't know.
    diagram for 110/220 pigtail here
    http://www.longevity-inc.com/forum/e...tail-here.html
    Last edited by KHK; 03-16-2010 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Added link
    keith
    The older the Boys, the more expensive the TOYS
    Previously Owned equipment;
    lot's
    Current equipment;
    3HP Speedair air compressor, Wilton drill press, Craftsman 10x36 lathe, 10 ton hydrolic press, Portaband band saw, OA torch, Small home brew CNC machine, powered by my 200PI
    2 Longevity autodarking helmets
    160d MIG
    WeldAll 200PI

Freddy:

I put a thread on a 110/220v adapter I made previously on the forum. Just do a search on "110 volt adapter, and you should find it. - Hope it is of some use.

Cheers,
    Art R.
    Cheers,
    Art R.

Longevity LS200-PI multi-purpose cutter/welder,
    Miller 180 Auto-Set MIG,
    Custom 5hp compressor,

LC-518d multi-process stick review

Thanks for the tips you all on the adapter setup you all. The regulator did have some extra pieces in there I didn't show. Here is part two of my new machine. It was raining but I needed to make some sparks with it so I hooked up the stick welding attachments and made a video. It welds very well, I used some Harbor Freight 1/8 7018 electrodes that were not the correct temp but it was just for fun. The arc was way better and easier to control than I had dared hope for this price. The weld came out nice and it
    had a really good sound while it was melting. Hell it even smelled good. LOL. I love it for stick welding for sure. A+ Just tig and plasma cutting to go and I can give it the old thumbs up.

Last edited by Freddytk421; 03-16-2010 at 10:06 PM.
    Hammer
    Drill
    Grinder
    Welder
    Saw

Freddy, on your video copy the URL not the embed code. Then copy everything after the = sign Click on the YouTube icon in the post code area and paste the copy that in between the two Yotube bracketed sections.
    Send me the embed code in a PM. I can't find you latest video for some reason. I will post a quick tutorial on how to make the video work.
    Last edited by Gadget; 03-16-2010 at 09:29 PM.

Atlas 10x36" lathe
    Home made CNC router/plasma/hot wire foam cutting, 3D printing table powered by Longevity Force Cut LP80

Hey Freddy,
    Im trying to find the new video of you using stick I cant find it? Its funny I asked the same question of weather to use 110 or 220 in another thread. I cant wait to see what else you dream up to weld and show off that beautiful machine.
    Dustin

LONGEVITY ForceCut LP-50D High Frequency Plasma Cutter
    HF 80 Amp inverter welder
    HF 4 1/2" angle grinder
    HF 5 piece Ball pien hammer set
    Husky Air Scout 3 gallon Compressor
    Rigid Metal chop saw
    RYOBI 12" Drill press
    And a crap load of klien tools rockonicon

Freddy,
    The second video you posted says it is private and won't let me watch it.
    Eric
    Longevity LC-520D (ordered, Delivered, works great)
    Longevity Pro-Black Welding helmet, works great
    Pexto 137 shear (my latest toy)

Personal website
    www.howhardcanitbe.tv

Where I work.
    www.roadinosaur.com
    www.mattsrepair.com

Freddy,
    You have to mark the video as public on YouTube for us to view it.

Atlas 10x36" lathe

OK I thought It was. I was wondering why my video count wasn't going up or getting comments on there. I thought I had bad cyber breath or something.cursingicon

It's up now.
    Hammer
    Drill
    Grinder
    Welder
    Saw